thecrazyfool

Non Plus Ultra, Italy – Various times in 2012

I visited this place three times in 2012, twice in the summer and once in the winter. All I can say that no one picture can really do justice to the place. Just being there is a jaw-dropping experience.

It is definitely one of the top explores I have done so far.

Researching the place, I found that building started in the 17th century. I’ve read that a major hotel chain are going to turn it into a luxury resort starting in 2011, but there were no sign there when I visited. My guess is the recession in Italy and the Euro crisis is impacting development. A part of me is glad as I got to see parts of it but also if it’s a hotel they’ll preserve this beauty.

Here are the pictures and sorry for the overload of them!

Pictures:

IMG_8833.jpg

IMG_8810.jpg

IMG_8852.jpg

IMG_8755-59.jpg

IMG_8770.jpg

IMG_8765-69.jpg

IMG_8791_95.jpg

IMG_8837.jpg

IMG_8817.jpg

IMG_8642.jpg

IMG_8643.jpg

IMG_8645.jpg

IMG_8750-54.jpg

Jaw dropping. I hard to describe this place, I think I will try get there soon, hopefully before work starts. It has immense colours and details. Looks very overwhelming, where could you start!

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bob
      Lil mix of religious spots in Italia  ❤️

• By lennyvd
      One of my favorites from my first Italy trip. For a industry freak like me it can't get any better then this.

• By Hooismans
      In 1960 Alfa Romeo grow out of their old factory located in Portello and started with the construction of a new plant located in Arese. This new plant had an Centro Stile (Design centre), Offices, Powerplant, Centro Technico (technical centre), and much more. Unfortunately in 2005 the whole factory closed after the last V6 Busso engine rolled out of the factory which made the once modern factory abandoned.
      In 2014 the factory was demolished to make place for a mall and parking spots, the only thing that still remain are the old technical centre and the design centre. 

In the summer of 2017 I was in the area so I decided to go and have a look at what remains of the factory. To my surprise there were still sections open and it had even had some papers and some car parts inside.

Thanks for reading and I hoped you liked it!

• By Satori
      Built in the early 1700s, and modified during the 1800s, the external stables have recently collapsed.