i put this on 28 so thought id share on here aswell, someone was talking about the pains of climbing cranes with a tripod so thought id share my sling that ive knocked up, pretty practical and makes life easier climbing fences and stuff- if you can get hold of the lifting loops i've used...
just cable tied a couple of carabiners to one of the legs and bobs your uncle
as you can see using four lifting loops as a sling means you can choke them together....
i lined the inside of that pipe lagging with an old belt and that's also come in handy with certain fences so i keep it on one of the tripod legs- if anyone asks its back padding :grin2:
Just picked up one of these bad boys for Ã‚Â£11.97 at Currys (yep 11.97!!). Think they must be clearing out some old stock but worth a look in your local store if you're in the market for a small SLR sling style bag.
Man, I'm such a poser!!!
I've loved the idea of these ever since I saw Klempners one, so I asked all that love me for money for my Birthday and sent my pennies off to the USA!!!
These are the guys, I have seen some UK websites but they just don't look as good
You click on the "Personalise Your Strap" Icon in the bottom left and basically build your own strap
There are loads of options for customization
There's..... Strap Length - Strap Colour - With or Without Minky lining - Minky colour - 1 name or 2 - Font Style - Font Colour and Quick Release or not?
Obviously every time you add stuff then the price goes up, this one had just about all of the above and cost me $54 which included $10 shipping. This worked out to about Ã‚Â£35
This is a quick review of my Black Rapid Sport Slim (as pictured below on the left)
on the website (www.blackrapid.com) they say:
my list of the main pros and cons
- Is very comfy and spreads the weight of the camera nicely across the body
- camera can be taken of quickly via the Connectr (its called a Connectr its not a typo )
- the Connectr has a screw lock gate to stop the camera coming lose
- so many different models (even for people who like the camera hanging on the left side of there body)
- its connects to the camera via the tripod mount so isnt that easy to change from strap to tripod but they make a Fastenr-T1 which works with most tripods (www.blackrapid.com/products/fastenr-t1)
- if you have to run the camera will swing and it is quite annoying
this is a video comparing some the models that black rapid make:
here are 2 of the better youtube videos of reviewing it (there are loads out there):
*(sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, im dyslexic )*