skeleton key

National Grid Property to redevelop the former Southall Gas Works site. -

Wow. clearly your post is praised in a position. I'm too affected to scan this post. I knowing you lots of congrats for your glorious post. simply plow ahead.......

wait-wut.jpg?1225157443

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bob
      An early partial visit of blast furnaces with @Himeiji   that ended by being caught by securitas, who called another security crew, who called the cops...... I wanna go back there but I don't know if I should :s
      Hell, Mittal's a bitch, but a beautiful one xD

• By jane doe
      I was passing here today on way home from work so called in to have a look ...Quite a nice little explore ☺️

• By Landie_Man
      Not much online about this one, it used to be a smelting yard which also carried out other work such as Automotive and presumably welding of sorts.   A nice little mooch for 45 mins or so.  Its had a recent fire, unfortunately destroying quite a rare model of Datsun stored inside.  

Visited with Mookster and our American Explorer friend on a February Northern Road Trip.

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157668230304678
    • By Andy
      History
      After the beginning of the 1860s gas was widely used as a means of lighting So the first gas works of Eisenach were put into operation on 1 October 1862. However, the line capacity was no longer sufficient soon, because the gas consumption had quadrupled from 1888 to 1912. Therefore, the construction of the new gas works began in 1898, and the old gas works were shut down in 1899.

The new gas works had its own rail connection for coal transport. In 1901, already more than 1.5 million m³ of city gas were produced.
      In 1912 there were a total of 938 public gas lanterns in Eisenach. The street lighting cost 46600 marks per year, equivalent to 1.20 marks per inhabitant. In 1912, 150 gas lanterns were remotely ignited and extinguished from the factory. This saved considerable costs for lantern guards. 300 street lamps were still under construction.

In 1982, the gas plant's technical facilities were worn out and barely usable efficiently. For this reason, the gas plant was shut down.
      Until 1990, the area was still used as a transfer station for coal trains. After that, the buildings were abandoned, since then, they disintegrate.

• By sj9966
      I'm sure you all know this place first hand, it was a very popular place and it's had a lot of Urbex traffic pass through it.
      Visited with Rusty on a Sheffield day trip back in September 2011
      A real cool old place, I'm not sure of it's current status.