I suppose this will have been my first well preserved house explore. I really enjoyed it! loads of stuff to see and very photogenic. If memory serves correct we found reasonable evidence to suggest that the house has been left from the early 70′s relatively untouched. There does appear to be some flat packed furniture which looked much more modern but never unpacked which might suggest someone once had intentions for this place. Some notable features other than the really interesting Aga type cooker, the lack of a bathroom both inside and out and a decent sized basement / workshop which was cool but I didn’t grab any shots down there as we rushed off to try a 3rd spot this day.

The furniture was really unique and interesting and it was really unusual to see the beds made up and suitcases packed up but not taken. There isn’t really a lot of information or reports on this place on the internet and all the names above are code names in an attempt to preserve the place. What we did manage to establish from some letters, books and items left behind was that there was a couple who lived there, the gentleman, who was most likely involved in the railways passed away and the lady, Emile remained at their family home. There was an offer to purchase some land (unknown if this was the land the house rest upon or not) but that was about it.

1.5Hat-1.JPG

2.5Hat-2.JPG

3.5Hat-3.JPG

4.5Hat-4.JPG

5.5Hat-5.JPG

6.5Hat-6.JPG

7.5Hat-7.JPG

8.5Hat-8.JPG

9.5Hat-9.JPG

10.5Hat-10.JPG

11.5Hat-11.JPG

12.5Hat-12.JPG

13.5Hat-13.JPG

Thanks for looking :)

More widely known as Villa Denis. No idea where that other name came from...

Never got to see this one myself which was a shame, it's been renovated now.

Epic!! Not sure why somebody would keep a bike in the attic though??

:thumb

There was one in Tapioca Farm's attic as well. It's a mystery. Lonely urbex bikes for the next themed thread perhaps?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Viktorija
      Cultural house. Concert hall scene. Paintings of the 1976 cultural house concert hall walls in Lithuania.  My instagram and more abandoned places: https://www.instagram.com/laiko_pamirsti/
      Like, follow and komentar ❤️
      #loveurbex 

• By jane doe
      Another old explore ...a little gem in Kent   

• By obscureserenity
      Town Mansion 

History

The Town Mansion was originally built in 1912 by a wealthy petroleum importer. During the early 20th century, the area in which the mansion was built, had become a hub for many rich German families in the early 1900's. By 1918, once the First World War had come to an end and the town was heavily damaged by the intense bombing raids at the start of the war and then German occupation of Belgium in 1914. Only two houses in that street survived, the Town Mansion being one of those. It was then later occupied by a Belgium shipbuilder until the late 1960's, when it was used as an office space. The mansion was abandoned in 1991 and hasn't been formally resided in since.

Visit

Visited with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M and a non forum member. As I recall it was a particularly hot spring day and we all excited to see this location, partly to escape from the intense heat. Once we got inside we spent a short amount of time wandering around before we eagerly started taking our pictures. I can confidentially say that this is one of the grandest mansions in Belgium I have visited. I did wonder what the lives of the families that once inhabited it were like and the memories they must have had. It was a very enjoyable explore for me and as always, I hope you enjoy my photos!

If you got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By Booie Bowers
      Anzani House is a detached, self-contained 6-storey building totalling 144,000 sq. ft in area with central courtyard and surrounded by surface car parking situated on Trinity Avenue, Felixstowe approximately 2 miles from the town centre and adjacent to Felixstowe Port.

Myself & a friend went here to explore last October & found a way in. We parked at the BP garage nearby & walked up towards the building. We got to the site at 6:45am on a Saturday morning. That way there would not be that much activity in the area at that time. Plenty of CCTV cameras everywhere, so watch out & try to not look too shifty
      I have since tried to get in & found no entry whatsoever. Gutted. Might try again soon. 
      Hope you enjoy the pics. 

• By Andy
      Due to annoying incidents quite well known. Meanwhile, a lot was looted here and destroyed as much by vandalism.
      Visited May 2018 with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.