TheBaronof Scotland

Belgium 3 men and little lady tour 2013 : The CDC

Day 2 of the tour

After a very quiet night we were all up at 5am for a 60 minute drive (why is everything in Belgium 60 mins away)

Parking in a very conveniently situated carpark we done a brisk hop skip and jump and we were in.

Pitch black we made our way down to the basement for an hours attempt at sleeping,the excitement was too much for me and there was no chance of sleeping.

About 7:50am we made our way up and into the main hall, this is the 2nd time I`ve been lucky enough to do this magnificent building, as just like the first time it took my breath away.

It so bloody big !! it tricks you from the outside, and it tricks you from the low ceiling rooms you walk through to get to the main hall, how many times I just stopped and looked around, probably too many.

I feel honoured to have stood in this place, really holds a grip over me I cant explain, maybe its like when your a child and your have your favourite sports/super car and then you see it, I guess thats what this place is like for me. Ever since seeing a pic of this 18 months ago i knew I had to get in there, no matter what. I still get the hairs on the back of neck standing up when I think/look at pics of it.

Anyhows.......... 5hours later we exited and started the 60 minute (see what I mean) drive to location number 3

sorry for the number of pics but this is cut down from 70 !

1_zps588232b0.jpg

2_zps04f4f098.jpg

3_zps57cc6b84.jpg

4_zps9fc6e7d5.jpg

5_zps902cd445.jpg

6_zps0b0964de.jpg

7_zps79849c9f.jpg

8_zpsfe1395d3.jpg

9_zps9f87b7b1.jpg

10_zpsb9946cbb.jpg

11_zpsebecb9db.jpg

12_zpsf7a0e51c.jpg

13_zps12942f5d.jpg

14_zps50482c61.jpg

15_zpse098c980.jpg

16_zps8c69bc9b.jpg

17_zps13e9feef.jpg

18_zpsa2c2ecc6.jpg

19_zps019398a3.jpg

20_zps1f98a884.jpg

21_zpsed590d65.jpg

22_zps3987d164.jpg

23_zps0a366393.jpg

24_zps75c9ae58.jpg

cheers

The Baron

love the report mate there is just so much to see from the place...

and this is spot on..great angle ,takes the eye of a genuis to get this shot :thumb

15_zpse098c980.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Town Mansion 

History

The Town Mansion was originally built in 1912 by a wealthy petroleum importer. During the early 20th century, the area in which the mansion was built, had become a hub for many rich German families in the early 1900's. By 1918, once the First World War had come to an end and the town was heavily damaged by the intense bombing raids at the start of the war and then German occupation of Belgium in 1914. Only two houses in that street survived, the Town Mansion being one of those. It was then later occupied by a Belgium shipbuilder until the late 1960's, when it was used as an office space. The mansion was abandoned in 1991 and hasn't been formally resided in since.

Visit

Visited with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M and a non forum member. As I recall it was a particularly hot spring day and we all excited to see this location, partly to escape from the intense heat. Once we got inside we spent a short amount of time wandering around before we eagerly started taking our pictures. I can confidentially say that this is one of the grandest mansions in Belgium I have visited. I did wonder what the lives of the families that once inhabited it were like and the memories they must have had. It was a very enjoyable explore for me and as always, I hope you enjoy my photos!

If you got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By .Gh0ast
      First report here, the well-known Chateau wolfenstein.

Lost somewhere in the Belgian Ardennes, the castle was built 1931 by a rich Baron.
      It has many use throught the years, hospital, command centre during the war, care home for soldiers and, apparently some kind of jail for war and politic prisonners.

Now, it 's still a part a the hospital complex but it is unused, except for a room where the hospital stocks some servers.

• By TrevBish.co.uk
      An old train repair facility. Linked with one of the big steel works in Belgium. Now all closed. Things date back to around 2012. I think it closed around this time. the place isn't a bad mooch. a few people living inside taking copper. 

• By Ghost-Scooter
      The well known Lycée V. has been a grammar school for girls only. It#s been closed in the 1990's and abandoned since.

DSC01600-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01601-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01605-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01639-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01607-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01647-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01632-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01623-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01621-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01615-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01612-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr