• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By teddybear
      This one was visited on my latest trip through Germany.
      This was the water treatment facility of a power plant. That power plant is already gone. There were also some outdoor water basins ,but they were well overgrown.
      The  only thing I took from this facility were several mosquito's bites.

IMG_0345-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0337 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0376 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0366-HDR by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0408 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0394 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0364-bewerkt-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
    • By The Urban Collective
      Smudges 1st ever photographic report - may 2018

Smudges has been known by numerous other names over the years from The Crofters Arms Hotel to McGees to Moghuls Palace but has always retained it's charm and character.
      A true time capsule rotting away in the heart of Bolton. Featuring some stunning hand-carved bars and one of two of this type of revolving doors that exist the other located in a grand hotel in London.

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

Thank you for checking out my pics guys!

Clarky

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By The Urban Collective
      A stunning grade two listed gem decaying right on the high street.

Featuring the stunning architecture of Alfred Waterhouse who also designed Strangeways prison the Manchester town hall.

The main building has been used for many different purposes over the years as well as Prudential themselves. And the basement club was once a Berni inns restaurant (Cafe Monico)
      a chain that served a post-war British public such delight's as sherry schooners steak and chips and black forest gateau as well as becoming a dance club in the 90's.

We had a wonderful two hours in this grade two listed time capsule. Hope you guys enjoy the pics as much as we enjoyed the explore.

Thanks for any feedback

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By a World in Ruins
      Visited on a freezing cold snowy Sunday morning with Scrappy NW and Katy. Long overdue visit this one but access isn't always possible. Inside its dark and decrepit yet enough remains to get an idea of how it looked when it was in full flow. The stage area was a no go as it has now collapsed. Structuraly it was fairly sound even in the upper areas. Things were made to last in 1894 obviously.
      Theatres have so much history and are always wonderful places to explore and photograph even if  their condition is so poor. On with some history.

I'm sure you have all read the history of this pace in other reports but i'll put a brief summary here:

The Burnley Empire Theatre has a profoundly poignant history that starts in the 19th Century when it was first designed by GB Rawcliffe in 1894. Owned and managed by WC Horner, it was a theatre of high regard and continued to such following works in 1911, when the auditorium was redesigned by Bertie Crewe, well respected architect, much of whose work is no longer standing – pulled down to make way for housing, shops or other amenities, or victims of the war that destroyed so many beautiful buildings.
      The interior boasts ‘two slightly curved wide and deep balconies, terminating in superimposed stage boxes framed between massive Corinthian columns supporting a deep cornice. Segmental-arched proscenium, with richly decorated spandrels and heraldic cartouche. Side walls feature plaster panels, pilasters and drops. Flat, panelled ceiling with circular centre panel and central sun burner. Restrained heraldic and Greek plasterwork on balcony and box fronts’ .
      The Theatre opened on Monday the 29th of October 1894 with a variety show and could originally seat 1,935 people.
      During its time as a theatrical venue, Charlie Chaplin, Margot Fonteyn and Gracie Fields are just a few of the names to have appeared on the now broken stage.

In 1938 The Theatre was converted for cinema use by the Architects Lewis and Company of Liverpool, and the seating capacity was reduced to 1,808 in the process.
      Like so many other Theatres around the Country the Empire was eventually converted for Bingo use in 1970 but even this ceased in 1995 and the Theatre, despite being a Grade II Listed building, has been empty ever since and is in serious decline, and listed as one of the Theatres Trust's buildings at risk.

On with the pics

• By franconiangirl
      I don´t know why, but for me there´s something special about abandoned swimming pools. That´s why I thought this might be a nice new topic.