(76)

Denbigh owners face £930K repair bill

Quite shameful, but the council should throw a compulsary purchase order on it, force the sale through at £1 and offer the building to a local building company with a agreement to build X-amount of council housing.

We will have to see how it progresses as the owners can still raise legal objections.

I strongly doubt they will as are already skating on thin ice and will simply be glad of any monies recieved.

They will probably agree if the money is paid into an off shore account so they can then avoid paying what they owe and can be claimed from them.

I can't see them paying any money, seeing as after the planning lapsed in 2009 they were off into the wind!

However a CPO is the best possible outcome for this place now, and it has just happened. So hopefully things can start happening.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jake Alan Crag
      Hey everyone, so I'm pretty sure everyone's heard of this place so i dont really need to explain much about it, but if you haven't, below is a brief history of Denbigh Mental Asylum.

Grade 2 Listed building.
      Built work started in 1844
      Building work completed in 1848

Built to house up to 200 patients with psychiatric illnesses. In the early 1900's it housed 1537 patients (Approx).
      The hospital had its own farm and gas works.
      Planned for closure by Enoch Powellin the 1960's, however it only began closing in sections between 1991-1995.

Nurses Quarters:

This is genuinely one of the best condition buildings that i have ever explored.

Most of the lower floor windows were covered in either ivy or thick vines, so it got quite dark in some sections of the building.

Now for the hospital itself, my personal favorite photos:

Thanks for reading,
      Make sure to check out my youtube channel Jake Alan Craig for the video and my instagram @exploring_with_jake for regular abandoned photos.

#WereJustTrespassing

• By GREGUL1979
      Incredible climate. Several work halls, in one stand drills, lathes, milling machines ... right next to carriages and goods wagons. Everything is gently sunk in the green eaves ... Some 150 skilled workers used to work in these halls. Today there is silence.

(translated in a translator)

• By Gigi
      ]A truly stunning exterior, with some beautiful features, and a very scary "security guard"
      He made his dog bite my friend, he has hired some local teens to walk around the place with rifles to scare off any explorers and is a truly horrible man, I have a video of him threatening me and my friends.
      Anyway, it's a shame the main hall and morgue slab has gone, but this place is still truly magnificent!
      There is work being done on this place but if you are very quick you can make it!

• By he who must rome
      A day out smootchin and what's this place i pass many times and never seen until today !!!!!, a repair shop for steam trains....... nice place but I can not give any history on this place or about trains (not my subject sorry), never the less they were very helpful so on with the pics...

hope you liked, ill try and go again some time and get some worthy history about each chooo chooooooo all i know is some are from poland (rescued) and one in re build stage from america also some were used in ww2.....