Wevsky

UK Cannon Road Section Ramsgate Tunnels.Feb 2014

Visited this place about three times back in 2010,Never have been happy with these pics but in my defence i was very very drunk most the time so they are what they are..

Fast forward 3 and a half years and i was back down here.Saw a report go up on this last year and after a while we went to pop the lid and have another look round,the lid refused to lift more than a few inches so after a couple of attempts and feeling a bit puzzled we left it .

Recently pics have been appearing on Failbook so we assumed the alternative access point had been used!

On getting in my first port of call was the far end to see why that cover wouldn't lift,Seems some BELLEND had tied rope under the cover and onto the ladder inside which would account for it not lifting,Ropes still on the floor and in one of my pics..

Brief info..

The cannon rd section lays in between the westcliff and the main section (train tunnel)..access into the main section is stopped by about a 25m long stretch of roof fall and at the westcliff end by a sewer pipe cutting it off and running into the westcliff section and up what would have been the ellington section now after a 30 odd foot crawl totally consuming the tunnel itself...

visited with Spaceinvader,Obscurity,STeALtH and his missus..

pics in no real order

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0063.jpgDSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Note the rope on floor which had been tied under the cover

DSC_0002.jpgDSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0048.jpgDSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

one of a chalk shaft..

DSC_0083.jpgDSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

Sorry about the fisheye overkill the wangle is bust and in shop

DSC_0096.jpg

Edited by Wevsky

thanks guys ,and yeah that rope was holding people up..then they went in another less used way,someone must have untied the rope,but tbh i wouldnt have known so went in the other way too

so there is your answer mate, beat me too it;) nice shots aswell, esp the one with the shaft and tunnel :)

the one with the shaft and tunnel could have been better but after 10 minutes faffing around laying on the floor tryig not to get my hand/torch in shot as i was using the fisheye i kinda gave up with that shot ;)

Tunnelllzz :) Fine set of shots there, looks a nice wander

A lot wetter than ive ever seen it before..wellington Boots where in order

Fisheye overkill's OK with me ;)

I likes

Wideangle will be back from the shop in 1 week..normal service shall be resumed

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jane doe
      Snowdown was the deepest colliery in Kent reaching well over 3,000 ft (915 metres). It was also the hottest and most humid pit in Kent and was given the name 'Dante's Inferno' by the miners. Regarded by many as the worst pit to work at in Britain, most Snowdown miners worked naked because clothes became too uncomfortable. The miners could consume around 24 pints (14 lires) of water in an 8-hour shift. There were frequent cases of heat stroke.

Snowdown closed in 1987

• By jane doe
      Established in 1926, G.L. Murphy was a family run business and supplied bespoke machinery to the tanning industry, as well as building rag cutting and cable stripping machinery.  The company also provide refurbishment and renovation works for various machinery types. 

• By crabb
      What's left of the south marston hotel, remains an empty, scorched shell. Not much to see on this one, and I am way to late but hey, it still provides an eerie vibe. And the photos came out pretty good too. Thanks,
      C

• By jane doe
      Predannack opened in 1941 as an RAF base, but today is the satellite airfield to RNAS Culdrose - it is a restricted MOD site and an active airfield used daily for flying training and also provides our Fire Fighting training facility. The area is heavily utilised by Culdrose helicopter squadrons, light fixed wing aircraft and, on an occasional basis by other aircraft types including jet aircraft, for a variety of reasons. Predominantly crews are involved in intensive training sorties involving a high cockpit workload. On average there is in excess of 2000 aircraft moves a month at the unit. The airfield is also used by the Fire Training School for live fire fighting and rescue instruction/exercises and there is also a rifle range at Predannack which is frequently used for live weapon firings. Additionally the airfield is used for a variety of additional tasks when the Control Tower is unmanned e.g. gliding.

• By crabb
      After hearing about the permanent closure of this well known super store giant, we felt like a part of our childhood was gone forever.
      In the store we visited, we found the names of those loyal workers written on the wall with one of those people having  worked there for 20 years,
      but unfortunately we couldn't go back and get a photo due to my camera running out of juice.
      But all is not lost as there is a full video on my friend's youtube channel so check it out!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Kirbsvids
      Here are the best photos we managed to get, thanks for looking.
      C