Tinnitus Doll

Russia Unfinished metro tunnels, February 2014.

Hey people! Unfortunately I don't have enough time to read all posts here and to chat with people as much as I want. But I hope you excuse me!

:rolleyes:

Today I show you unfinished metro tunnels in my city. The project was started in 80s, but later was frozen because of lack of money.

0_ff6ca_7e7596da_XL.jpg

I don't believe that we will ever use our subway. Some years ago it was easy to penetrate in the tunnels.

sEkw0Z7w0Xo.jpg

But now there is some activity here, it became almost impossible to get in. The consequences of fail may be really heavy.

0_ff6cb_ee2689fb_XL.jpg

But we never say impossible.

0_ff6cc_3357b816_XL.jpg

0_ff6ce_f4ceaa48_XL.jpg

0_ff6d1_a3e97bc3_XL.jpg

The tablet says "to the surface".

0_ff6d4_96a4a6e9_XL.jpg

0_ff6d5_1eba3f5a_XL.jpg

Very big door to the collection of them:p

0_ff6d6_b721ab3b_XL.jpg

0_ff6d8_528c968d_XL.jpg

0_ff6db_884a6428_XL.jpg

The lift to the future station.

0_ff6dd_4ff883f0_XL.jpg

0_ff6dc_42449ad2_XL.jpg

And some more photos from the flooded shaft.

NsOP-xHQzwg.jpg

LzgNqEJetpU.jpg

And the look of my camera... It's very very dirty!:(

PWQpijlgMTo.jpg

Can you share some "dirty" stories and funny situations in which your equipment or you look the same?:o

Thank you for attention!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Campina Youth House

Haven't seen this one posted anywhere so I decided to chuck a quick report up on it. I would say this particular location could be described as disused rather than abandoned, as it looked like there was redevelopment work going on when we arrived. Hence why it is so nice and pristine. Anyway, onto a little bit of history I found..

History

The Youth House was orginally built as a leisure centre in Campina. A city situated roughly around the South East of Romania. It was constructed by local authorites in order to create a space for young people to participate in a range of sporting activities such as: aerobics, matrial arts and boxing. It was also established in order to promote culture and education and the house provided various facilities for the arts. The Youth House hosted a large auditorium to  showcase fairs, exhibitions, conventions, concerts and festivals. 

Visit

Visited with @darbians and @Gigi on a long weekend trip to Romania. We were driving past and saw what we orginally thought was a hotel and decided to check it out. Finding this place was defintely an unsuspected susprise and I'm very glad we decided to pull over. I really enjoyed photographing this one and I espiecally liked the mosiacs which reminded me of the ones at Buzludzha I had seen the previous year. I hope you enjoy my report!

When you find a window open on the top floor, gotta get a few photos from the roof 

Thanks for reading!

• By Himeiji
      For those who is planning to go to Antwerp metro! Beware that it's Belgium, and the actual presence of trams in the tunnels might not be consistent with their schedule!
      Being already inside one of the tunnels of the active line, we suddenly heard noise behind. I checked the schedule in advance, the next tram was supposed to be only in 8 min, but  it was behind us now! There is nothing in the tunnel where one could hide in, so we had to run to the next station. We managed to hide there right before the tram arrived (thanks to the guy I was with, because he found a good place while I didn't know what to do  ). I don't know if the driver saw us or not, but no one came to search for us.   

• By Himeiji
      In early 2018 we visited one of the new tunnels of Paris metro which for the moment (May 2018) is still under construction. Recently I was told that this place is no longer accessible due to active works that doesn't stop even at night, so I will publish some pictures. Btw, we managed to get in only from the 2nd try - there is a security guy walking around the construction site (on the street).

The new tunnel is 2km long. We walked till the end and on the way back checked out the end of the active line. There were two trains. Soon we heard some noise (like if someone'd open a door) and left the place. 

• By The_Raw
      This had been on my to-do list for some time having seen previous reports. I suppose for that reason it was more of a pilgrimage than an explore but well enjoyable nonetheless. We made a right meal of getting in here but it was necessary with the amount of activity near where we wanted to be. Not to mention the security chickens and sheep announcing our presence to all and sundry. The snow didn't help either, making sure we had no choice but to 'leave only footprints' from one end of the site to the other. Anyway, nobody came looking for us luckily and what a belter of a place. The main building is not only stunning but has some intact operating rooms full of equipment. I could have spent all day in there and I'll most likely pop back if ever in the area again as I'm told there is a morgue somewhere. We did try a few other buildings but they were mostly bricked up and the ones we got into didn't have much inside. A fruitful trip with elliot5200 and @shaddam

Built in 1871, the site began as a charity hospital. It then became a military training college before turning into a psychiatric hospital. It was commonly referred to as "the factory of ideas" by locals. About 500 people worked there as doctors, clerks, nurses, and maintenance staff. It's busiest period of admissions came during WWII where the number of patients never fell below 1,000. The total number of patients reached it's peak of 1,400 in the 1960s. It was closed in 1981 when Basaglia law came into force. This was the act which signified a large reform of the psychiatric system in Italy.

15. One of the other buildings with little inside

28. Not a baaaaad explore at all

Thanks for looking

• By obscureserenity
      St Josephs Orphanage / Mount Street Hospital  

Even though this location has already been done by every man and his dog, I decided to chuck a quick report up anyway. As stated above in the title of my report, this one features photographs taken mostly on the first visit and one taken on another which will become clear towards the end. 

History

St Joseph's Orphanage was designed by architect R.W Hughes in the style of gothic architecture, which was typical of that particular era. The construction work was endowed by Maria Holland, a wealthy widow, who contributed a sum of 10,000 to achieve this. She wanted to care for the sick, at a time when Preston had the highest mortality rate in the UK. This was predominately due to inadequate housing and the poor working conditions in the local mills and factories. The orphanage was first officially opened in the September of 1872 and five years later it became St Joseph's Institute for the Sick & Poor. The hospital accommodated for around 25 patients and was run by the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mother of Mercy. Voluntary contributions funded the maintenance and general upkeep of the hospital and it was also the first provider of welfare to Roman Catholic girls in Preston.

In 1910 the hospital was granted its first operating theatre, as well as the chapel being built that same year. By 1933 a new wing was added and another in 1958 which was officiated by Princess Marina, the Duchess of Kent. During both world wars it served as a military hospital to treat wounded British and Dutch soldiers. One of St Joe's most famous patients was performer George Formby who died of a heart attack at the hospital in 1961. The hospital eventually closed its doors in 1982. It was then bought by its current owner who converted it into a care home until 2003. A year later in 2004, plans were proposed to convert the building into 82 flats with a grant of £2m but the redevelopement never seemed to happen. Presently 3 sections of the site are still classified as grade II listed and the building was recently featured on the Victorian Society's 'top most at risk historic buildings in the UK.' 

Visit

Visited with @scrappy. This one has been on my to do list since I really started exploring but I never got round to doing it until recently. Despite being pretty fucked from years of neglect, local kids, general arseholes etc, I did still quite enjoy seeing this one finally. The main purpose of my visit was photographing a newly discovered section which certainly didn't disappoint, as well as the operating lights being rather pretty too (so glad no one has smashed those up yet.) All in all still a fairly nice location and worth popping by if you're in the area. As always, hope you enjoy my report!

Started tidying up my photos of the chapel and went a little overboard...

(Obligatory hospital wheelchair photo...)

Now onto the best part 

Once we found out all the doors had been mysteriously removed we decided to go back again for more photos. 

If you've got this far, thanks for reading!