Paulpowers

UK 36DD - Stockbridge, June 2014

I tried this a couple of days ago when it was lightly raining but the water level was a good 3 foot higher.

The Little Don River also known as The Porter, is a tributary of the River Don in South Yorkshire, England. Arising on the Langsett Moors in the northern Peak District, the Little Don River feeds the Langsett and Underbank Reservoirs. It runs through the town of Stocksbridge before joining the River Don.

The culvert runs under the Tata steel works

where there is a concrete floor the going is easy but at parts it's an ankle breaker, I also had company for a stretch in the shape of Barry the rat who was walking along the cables and watching what I was doing :D

14375364283_c04e68c6a8_c.jpg

14353625342_3eab2b7ce3_c.jpg

14168694207_596aed9841_c.jpg

14168675207_ded8d0b62d_c.jpg

14353623342_0198b89456_c.jpg

14168502689_3670278193_c.jpg

14354306524_c7145de007_c.jpg

14168534708_054acdf46c_c.jpg

14353613082_2658db9c9c_c.jpg

14355177285_d5046c0ff9_c.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By urbexdevil
      It’s been a while for various reasons but I am back and hitting the “move along, nothing to see here” central resource library… no seriously, nothing to see here.

So after a brief chat with who turned out to be a long time reader and follower through instagram, we chose a spot to meet and hit the central resource library.

Now to be honest, I was pre warned over a year ago that this place is absolutely trashed and I can confirm exactly that but it’s one I can now tick off the list.

There’s not much to see, unless smashed windows and terrible graffiti is your thing so there is a lack of photos and hardly warranting a report, but here we go anyway!

History wise? It’s a library… it closed and moved to a new location, that’s pretty much all I can say!

• By Andy
      Only a few quick shots, taken without a tripod.
      I don't know when the chapel (called "Capel Zinc") was built, it was a subsidiary tabernacle for the now Holy Trinity Church in Corris.
      Chairs has been removed and apparently the property is now used by a flower grower.
      Visited with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By jane doe
      This was an old explore from 2012 , the church and school closed in  1977  and Im not sure if its still empty or has been redeveloped  

• By skeleton key
      Thankful there was enough remaining to grab some shots and at the same time have a good giggle
      Splored With Lara,Trog and peaches

In the back area of the stage Lara found some costumes and the silliness began.
      Beds began to roll up and down the corridors .

Better not to ask

I nearly ran straight into secca.
      At first i thought it was another fool dressed up but as Sindbad
      Then realized he was a Sihk Secca lol

This fella was either as deaf as a post or turned a blind eye & I wasnt fussed with either.
      As was more to see and we put a bit of distance between us and the now named Turbanator.

Cheers for looking in