MiaroDigital

Germany Hospital bone wrench - visit 08/2014

Truly awesome set this. Love the variety and its nice when there's plenty of stuff left! I've managed to do a few hospitals but still not come across any big lights like these...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Red Cross Hospital

History

Before it's closure at some point during the 1980's, it served as a children's hospital. It was thought to have been founded around the turn of the 20th century. The hospital was owned and managed by the charity 'Red Cross Italy' which becomes apparent from the rather large red cross on the ceiling of the chapel. The building itself resides near the edge of the mountain, roughly about 1100 metres above sea level which was a common practice for medical facilities Italy. It was believed that the air was fresher up in the mountains, more therapeutic and held medicinal properties, which was beneficial for the treatment of the patients.

Our Visit

Visited with @aWorldinRuins and @Ninja Kitten on a recent trip to Italy. This was the first stop on the tour and a revisit for myself. I was glad to go back, it's a very beautiful and photogenic location, in my opinion. I loved seeing all the beds, the chapel and the little classrooms again. As always, hope you enjoy my report!

If you've got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By .Gh0ast
      Somewhere in Germany, in a quiet park, lie those beautiful Tanks.
      Quiet park ? Not really, a military barrack nearby often throws training in this park, as the sign explained us kindly. 😂

We were lucky enough to dodge those training, even if i'm pretty sure it doesn't happen more than once a month, but still.

We were not able to find which type of tanks it was, i read on the internet that it could be some M40 Patton or M41 Walker Bulldog,
      but i'm skeptical, as both of them were produced in the early 50's and were used in vietnam war and korea war, far from Germany.
      And, as they were demilitarized and trashed, the clues were hard to find.

However, it was like a scene of war, one Tank crashed near a tree, another one half buried, very dramatic.

Even if it was a short one, it was a very good exploration, with a lot of interesting light and very cool models.

• By Jake Alan Crag
      Hey everyone, so I'm pretty sure everyone's heard of this place so i dont really need to explain much about it, but if you haven't, below is a brief history of Denbigh Mental Asylum.

Grade 2 Listed building.
      Built work started in 1844
      Building work completed in 1848

Built to house up to 200 patients with psychiatric illnesses. In the early 1900's it housed 1537 patients (Approx).
      The hospital had its own farm and gas works.
      Planned for closure by Enoch Powellin the 1960's, however it only began closing in sections between 1991-1995.

Nurses Quarters:

This is genuinely one of the best condition buildings that i have ever explored.

Most of the lower floor windows were covered in either ivy or thick vines, so it got quite dark in some sections of the building.

Now for the hospital itself, my personal favorite photos:

Thanks for reading,
      Make sure to check out my youtube channel Jake Alan Craig for the video and my instagram @exploring_with_jake for regular abandoned photos.

#WereJustTrespassing

• By Light-worx
      An abandoned beacon in the baltic sea. There are two of it. One 1000m and the other one in 4000m distance from the runway.
      Ther were used to enlarge the range of the runway ...so the pilots could navigate easier to the short runway.

Build and used by the NVA. The army of the former GDR... (DDR).

• By jane doe
      Unfortunatly  the Glen o dee hospital was pretty trashed , a few nice little bits