Perjury Saint

France Sanitorium de Foret... Sept '14

I've been a bit absent of late! A MOUNTAIN of photos (x6 cos I duz HDRZZZ!) And getting to grips with Photoshop, at last, has kept me away from posting on this ere forum....

Best get something up then I spose.... :)

...Sanitorium de Foret...

Thought it was about time I hit up some French tack, so off I jolly well went and one of em was this rather sizeable hospital tucked away in the middle of a forest... Couldve spent a fair while roaming the main buildings, but it was the morgue I was focused on! SUPER staged I know , but who cares when it looks sooooo good!!

;)

Anyway... Piccies... ENJOY!!

... Main Building...

15321738990_46f0c7821b_o.jpg

15260813105_ec8c5009e0_o.jpg

15301274602_2e8c572600_o.jpg

15183029260_5b6c72a0f4_o.jpg

15368976485_3a7846de20_o.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Industrieller
      A nice and fully furnished Maison in a small village in France.

• By teddybear
      It's been a long time that I posted something here. Missing the time for the editing of the photo's. This  was my last explore and it was an underground adventure with the same partner of all the underground explores. It's was an iron mine that closed several decades ago like many others in that neighbourhood.It was a nice walk to find an entrance (not the main entrance ). It was inside warmer than outside.
      This time only one level explored but probably there are more entry's because there was also some kind of elevator (not found thou but other explorer did). There were a lot of collapses places. All the timber was parished  and the metal well rusted. Also some cracks in the ceiling. Nice that there were some painted street names on the wall (some in German, other in French). There was every ware since of life ( fungi's, in white and yellow). Animal bones, one bat and animal excrements that turned in something fluffy by the fungi that were  growing on that). For the rest the mine was well stripped of almost all the rails and cables.
      But never the less, a nice trip.
      1 it's going to be a bumpy ride
      IMG_3050 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      2  hold on to the railing
      IMG_3048-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      3 end of the line
      IMG_3045-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      4 big pulley (fisheye)
      IMG_3041-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      5 tunnel of fungi life in white and yellow
      IMG_3037-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      6 that cart didn't make it out
      IMG_3034 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      7 stack 'm up
      IMG_3031 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      8 light in the" pouderie"
      IMG_3026-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      9 the main tunnel
      IMG_3009-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      10 iron bows
      IMG_3014 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      10 dancing on the ceiling
      IMG_3018-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

• By lucan
      this was the last stop on our last wales day out, 
      i used to stop off here for bacon buttys and coffe many years ago while on the bike heading to wales , 
      nice lady used to run the cafe and her husband even offerd me a job in the workshop restoring classic cars 
      from some previous reports ive seen the busses are still arriving and the collection is getting bigger
      on with some pics then , lots of pics

thanks for looking

• By Industrieller
      Dieses Sanatorium wurde 1898 gegründet und diente im WK I als Lazarett. 
      1965 kam dan die Umwandlung in ein normales Krankenhaus und 2000 folgte dann die komplette Schließung.

• By Judith
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kxl1hb4Tec

The train in question is the Eurostar 373018, one of many Eurostar Class 373 trains that started operating in 1994. Capable of speeds up to 186 mph, the Class 373s were specifically designed to transport passengers between London, Paris, and Brussels via the Channel Tunnel.

Since 2016, however, many 373s have been withdrawn or scrapped, despite just 22 or 23 years in service. Eurostar 373018 is officially in storage, but the word “abandoned” seems more appropriate.
      Branches from nearby trees now reach out and touch its windows. Weeds rise up from the rusting tracks on which it sits. Graffiti covers what were once the clean lines of the train’s streamlined form. It looks like the kind of place where Rick Grimes would butcher a bunch of zombies, or where Mad Max would go shopping if he wanted to buy a train.

What the future holds for this high-speed train is anyone’s guess. So far, 18 of the 373 Class trains have been sent to be scrapped by European Metal Recycling (EMR) at Kingsbury in the West Midlands region of England. Others have been scrapped in France, three have ended up in museums or colleges, and some lucky 373s have been refurbished and remain in service.

Eurostar 373018, however, remains in “storage” in the north of France, a fine nesting place for birds, an interesting canvas for graffiti artists, and an intriguing landmark for train enthusiasts, eagle-eyed users of Google Earth, and urban explorers like AdcaZz whose video exploration of the train you can check out on YouTube.

And if you’re wondering why these 373s were abandoned and not reused elsewhere, well, it seems like a few factors were in play. Technology had simply moved on, leaving these 22-year-old trains out of date. It was also more cost efficient to bring in a modern fleet rather than overhaul these existing trains, especially as the replacements had a greater seating capacity, meaning more money over less time. In the end, therefore, many of the 373s were deemed “life-expired.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kxl1hb4Tec