• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By lucan
      a place i pass by quite often,
      poped in here for a look back in 2016 , long before the fire gutted half the building, tho ive seen it recently on YT it looks a bit different now
      once it was uaed as a health spa which is why some of the bits and bobs seem to have been from that period of  the buildings use
      the place finaly closed in 2007 due to there not being enough couples and attracting mostly single blokes 
      the management had to draft in hookers from wolverhampton to take care of buisness
      this kind of just made it a bit of a nocking shop and wasnt realy legal so it closed down in the end
         on with the picks

thanks for looking

• By crabb
      An independent members only club, dedicated to the working man who required a certain place for private meetings and events. 
      This place has a little bit of everything. Dark, creepy unlit rooms, and rooms where light was still flourishing through the gaps and crevices. 
      It has had many aliases since the buildings birth in the 1920's and had less than 300 members.
      Along the many years the workmens club was usually packed full of people, to the point you couldn't even move. 
      Slowly but surely however the club started to lose money as members became scarce. It couldn't pay it's own way and since the number of members started dwindling,
      the Workmans club had to close its doors to the few remaining loyal members. 
      Now sits empty and has done for more than 6 years now.
      Hopefully the building can see new life in the near future, but for me it was good to get an unusual view of the club.
      Cheers for looking!

• By Landie_Man
      A few photos from an exploring roadtrip of Essex and Kent with Mookster and our American explorer friend from back in April.  Another backlog, and another one where I managed to set my camera to JPEG. DOHHH!!!! 

We clambered through some undergrowth and spent about 45 minutes inside.  We were in one of the large corridors and heard barking.  We absolutely pegged it down the corridor; I'm carrying quite a lot of extra weight so there was no chance to sneak into a side room for 10 mins.  We heard the inevitable "OI!" from about 300 yards down the corridor, we'd been seen.  I don't believe in running when actually caught; so we turned back and walked up to the security and explained ourselves. 

He asked us how we got in, marched us to the gate and let us go onto the road right by my car. result!
      I think our American friend was pleasantly suprised by how easy it went down.

-
      St George's Hospital is a disused hospital situated on Suttons Lane in Hornchurch in the London Borough of Havering, in North East London.  It opened its doors in 1939 as "Suttons Institution" and was used during World War II to house airmen from the nearby RAF Hornchurch. In 1948 during its advent into the NHS; it was renamed St George's. 

The site has remained empty since 2012 and the vacant site has since been transferred into the ownership of NHS Property Services when the company was formed in April 2013.
      There are plans are in place for a new health centre on site, with the remaining land being converted to housing; Quelle Supríse!   

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157693679140750
    • By a World in Ruins
      Named Manor Dior due to the vast collection of vintage Dior tights in the upstairs main bedroom. Quite a sight when I opened the wardrobe door and yes I had a good look through them :D Large detached house with quite extensive decay in some rooms yet others were relatively decay free if a little messy. The Dior bedroom was probably the room where the old lady spent her final days in the house, bed ridden judging by the medical items in there and district nurses documents. It appears she outlived her husband by some years and lived there alone. Not sure how long the house has been abandoned for but the decay would suggest some years. All the personal items are still in the house just left behind including stacks of old photographs and school reports from the 1950s which were interesting to read. The lady had children whose reports they were. Other than this I'm not sure of other history. A lovely house none the less one with a bit of TLC would make a great family home again :D

• By silverainbow
      Another one of those Ive been meaning to do for ages, Its normally one of those that people do early on in their explore career but I didnt for some reason, the time never felt right , Visited With Ms Penfold, A little history can be found via this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dover_Western_HeightsAnd so for a few PicsThanks for taking the time to look