Crookham Court

Hi guys, first post here!

Visited with Miss.Anthrope in December 2014,

I wont put to much history up because you all know the place.

A bit about the school:

Crookham Court School, in Crookham Road, closed in the late-1980s after finding itself at the centre of a national scandal when three members of staff were convicted of sexually abusing pupils.

The site comprises 7.32 hectare of land and contains Crookham House together with a number of outbuildings, including the chapel, stables, gym, classrooms/woodwork room/artrooms, portacabin flat, and various storage buildings.

There is also a swimming pool, tennis court and playing fields on the site.

DSCF0102_zps7fa9b257.jpg

DSCF0093_zpsf2f1cc04.jpg

DSCF0092_zps2df93eee.jpg

DSCF0094_zpsbc305476.jpg

DSCF0097_zps4774e8ad.jpg

DSCF0096_zpsb75e65d5.jpg

DSCF0068_zps8e245903.jpg

DSCF0059_zps6b255052.jpg

DSCF0056_zps543a2818.jpg

DSCF0048_zpseedda1e3.jpg

DSCF0050_zps9b019e7e.jpg

DSCF0033_zps46e52700.jpg

DSCF0075_zps18829182.jpg

DSCF0046_zps1eae8ec3.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice for a first report that mate and welcome to the forum, guess it is open again :)

Edited by Lenston

yea me too :D I missed the basement :( not happy about that so will have to go again to get some more shots :D

Edited by Otchie

Hi Otchie welcome to the forum and nice to see you hitting the ground running and straight in with a location post :D

It certainly looks like the place has been hit hard by vandals but good to see all the same.

Thanks for shareing :thumb

:comp:

Thanks S.K. yea its been trashed a lot the library has been trashed, am surprised that the stairs ain't been kicked in yet but someone has started to rob the bannisters tops.

thanks MASKELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Hahaha, quality, good to see you on here :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By .Gh0ast
      First report here, the well-known Chateau wolfenstein.

Lost somewhere in the Belgian Ardennes, the castle was built 1931 by a rich Baron.
      It has many use throught the years, hospital, command centre during the war, care home for soldiers and, apparently some kind of jail for war and politic prisonners.

Now, it 's still a part a the hospital complex but it is unused, except for a room where the hospital stocks some servers.

• By skeleton key
      Thankful there was enough remaining to grab some shots and at the same time have a good giggle
      Splored With Lara,Trog and peaches

In the back area of the stage Lara found some costumes and the silliness began.
      Beds began to roll up and down the corridors .

Better not to ask

I nearly ran straight into secca.
      At first i thought it was another fool dressed up but as Sindbad
      Then realized he was a Sihk Secca lol

This fella was either as deaf as a post or turned a blind eye & I wasnt fussed with either.
      As was more to see and we put a bit of distance between us and the now named Turbanator.

Cheers for looking in

• By UrbanBeginner1
      It's been a while since I've posted anything. I though I would share something really cool, this is the Kenosha Theater. I have a thing for old movie palaces and I could not pass this up especially since I live pretty close to it. It technically isn't abandoned since a man owns it, but he dosen't have the money to fix it so it sits in it's abandoed state. I will also add that he does give tours to anyone. That's all I have to say so enjoy the decay. 

• By Lenston
      History 

The engineering company J.E. Billups of Cardiff who also constructed Mireystock Bridge and the masonry work on the Lydbrook viaduct commenced construction of the tunnel in 1872 using forest stone. The tunnel is 221 metres in length and took 2 years to construct. The tunnel allowed the connection of the Severn and Wye Valley railway running from Lydney with the Ross and Monmouth network at Lydbrook. The first mineral train passed through the tunnel on 16 August 1874. Passenger services commenced in September 1875 pulled by the engine Robin Hood.

The history of this section of line is not without incident - a railway ganger was killed in the tunnel by a train in 1893 and a locomotive was derailed by a fallen block of stone in the cutting at the northern entrance in 1898.
      The line officially closed to passenger trains in July 1929 but goods trains continued to use the line until the closure of Arthur & Edward Colliery at Waterloo in 1959 and Cannop Colliery in 1960. Lifting of the track was completed in 1962. The tunnel and cutting were buried with spoil in the early 1970's.

Thanks to the vision and enthusiasm of a group of local Forest railway enthusiasts assisted by Forest Enterprise the top of the northern portal of the tunnel (with its unusual elliptical shape) which has lain buried for 30 years has now been exposed. 
      As of 2018 the tunnel now still lays abandoned with no sign of the cycle track and the £50,000 funding seemingly gone to waste.

Pics

Thanks for looking
    • By jane doe
      I was passing here today on way home from work so called in to have a look ...Quite a nice little explore ☺️