Fekneejit

RAF/RNAS Dale (South West Wales, Milford Haven)

Hi :)

Has anyone ever been around here? I'm off to the area pretty soon & found this place on Google maps...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNAS_Dale_(HMS_Goldcrest)

Google Earth shows what appear to be quite a few intact(ish) barrack blocks & outbuildings, & the place was only used 1941-48, so I'm hoping there'll be something original. Privately owned by a farmer since it was de-commissioned, looks like it was just farmed around the edges.

Not sure on that one mate, sorry :(

Good luck though. If you get some pics from either here or at home, bang them on here for us to have a peep at :thumb

Cool, my first explore may end up being a proper first explore!

I've found a couple of photos of an old Nissen hut or two from a corner of the airfield, but nothing of the barrack buildings that would appear to have (mostly) intact roofs...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dale68
      Been wanting to go here for a while...

My Video...https://youtu.be/BehD-Z6XgkM

History - From http://www.snowdoniaheritage.info/pdf/pilgrims/pilgrims-nefyn/traeth-trefor-english.pdf

It was granite quarries that produced the setts to pave city streets. There was great activity in the areas around Penmaenmawr and the Eifl, and people would move from one to the otherthere from other. Samuel Holland was a prominent person in this industry – the father was a pioneer in Ffestiniog and his son in the granite quarries of the Eifl area. The work began here about 1830, and when Trevor Jones became the quarry supervisor the village at the foot of the Eifl - where Trefor got it's name.  By 1850 the area’s granite quarries were owned by ‘The Welsh Granite Co. Ltd’. It was bought for £3,000 and the shares were worth £13,000. In 1911 the Penmaenmawr and Llanfairfechan quarries were joined with the Eifl ones to form the ‘Penmaenmawr and Welsh Granite Co. Ltd’.
      Trefor quarry  developed to be the world’s biggest granite quarry, and by 1931 had produced 1,157,000 tons of setts. 

The quarry is still occasionally active and Trefor granite is used to make curling stones.

• By Dale68
      In the forest sits this stone building, I can't find any info on it other that it's sitting on a settlement mound.

Video.. https://youtu.be/nGuRNOeRuA8

• By Dale68
      Been waiting all week to go here only to find it's all been boarded back . so just some from the outside.☹️

• By Dale68
      Decided to go to the A R House as it's not far from me, finding the place, getting to the place was easy, getting in was easy. Once in, my battery on my DSLR decided to run out of juice, so I resorted to using the wifes point and shoot camera so sorry for the bad pictures. The worst thing it was raining so I couldn't fly my drone over it.

WARNING....Just be aware of a farmer on a quad bike, just started upstairs taking pictures, I heard a quad bike approach the house and stop outside, next thing there was banging on the door, so me and the wife just froze on the stairway I could hear him trying all the windows and doors to get in, he was at it for a good 10mins. I thought any minute now he will be inside, he came around to window we entered through I thought, Yep, here he comes, but all he did was shut the window and then we heard him drive off, at that point my wife was ready to make a bolt for it, I said we'll hang on a few minutes in case there was two of them and ones just driven off to make out they had gone, so a few minutes later we made our exit undetected, we did see him down bottom of the track loading his quad onto a trailer but he didn't say a word to us. The farmer is obviously aware of what's going on. so be aware if you decide to visit.

• By Stevepg
      Managed to find the entrance at the rear; looks like some of the local scrotes have been here some graffitti not too vandalised considering the calendar was still showing 2013