Ghostpast

Belgium Ghost bus tunnel, feb 15

My first underground explore, and i loved it. To bad there were a couple of Iphone explorers wandering around, who wanted to switch the light on :/ Kinda killing the atmosphere of an abandoned bus graveyard, but hey! It was nice, and maybe ill be planning a revisit.

16692472182_eea9073fe7_c.jpg

16693508205_ba6b95f3de_c.jpg

16505915348_ed33720c71_c.jpg

16506112300_56c3135ae8_c.jpg

16507314099_6455903656_c.jpg

16506060430_19c80d4839_c.jpg

16071133544_080f2de679_c.jpg

Granted we may have switched the lights on if we found or spotted the switch but i like waving my torch about

Great stuff Emiel and shots are cool and a shame about the lets switch the light on brigade as would have told them to fuck off and wait out for five mins.

Pic 5 is awesome mate :thumb

00z111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.11jpg.jpg

:comp:

don't no where to post this but is there anyone in maidstone planing an explanation i have never been and want to get to no some guys/girls to go with cheers and real nice pics mate thumbs up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

don't no where to post this but is there anyone in maidstone planing an explanation i have never been and want to get to no some guys/girls to go with cheers and real nice pics mate thumbs up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

why not start a thread in the general chat area.posting it on the tail end of someones report deffo isnt the place

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By .Gh0ast
      First report here, the well-known Chateau wolfenstein.

Lost somewhere in the Belgian Ardennes, the castle was built 1931 by a rich Baron.
      It has many use throught the years, hospital, command centre during the war, care home for soldiers and, apparently some kind of jail for war and politic prisonners.

Now, it 's still a part a the hospital complex but it is unused, except for a room where the hospital stocks some servers.

• By Lenston
      History 

The engineering company J.E. Billups of Cardiff who also constructed Mireystock Bridge and the masonry work on the Lydbrook viaduct commenced construction of the tunnel in 1872 using forest stone. The tunnel is 221 metres in length and took 2 years to construct. The tunnel allowed the connection of the Severn and Wye Valley railway running from Lydney with the Ross and Monmouth network at Lydbrook. The first mineral train passed through the tunnel on 16 August 1874. Passenger services commenced in September 1875 pulled by the engine Robin Hood.

The history of this section of line is not without incident - a railway ganger was killed in the tunnel by a train in 1893 and a locomotive was derailed by a fallen block of stone in the cutting at the northern entrance in 1898.
      The line officially closed to passenger trains in July 1929 but goods trains continued to use the line until the closure of Arthur & Edward Colliery at Waterloo in 1959 and Cannop Colliery in 1960. Lifting of the track was completed in 1962. The tunnel and cutting were buried with spoil in the early 1970's.

Thanks to the vision and enthusiasm of a group of local Forest railway enthusiasts assisted by Forest Enterprise the top of the northern portal of the tunnel (with its unusual elliptical shape) which has lain buried for 30 years has now been exposed. 
      As of 2018 the tunnel now still lays abandoned with no sign of the cycle track and the £50,000 funding seemingly gone to waste.

Pics

Thanks for looking
    • By Ninurta
      Polyana, Djantukha and Akarmara - former mining settlements in Abkhazia, located in the Aldzga river valley, 10-12 km east of Tkuarchal. After collapse of the Soviet Union and Abkhaz–Georgian conflict it was almost abandoned.

• By Faith Roswell
      Hiya!

I visited Salton City last year and it was one of the strangest, most haunting experiences I've had. It's not locked up- there's a tiny, tiny population still living there (!) but the majority is derelict, covered in graffiti and shows signs of being fled in a hurry (old cereal packets on shelves etc). It was a former luxury resort but was built on the side of a now-poisonous inland sea and is carpeted, creepily, with mummified dead fish.

I've written the whole story on my website here: http://www.lifeoutthere.co.uk/2017/12/07/salton-sea-things-that-could-have-been/

Here are some pictures!

• By TrevBish.co.uk
      An old train repair facility. Linked with one of the big steel works in Belgium. Now all closed. Things date back to around 2012. I think it closed around this time. the place isn't a bad mooch. a few people living inside taking copper.