skeleton key

- The latest Horror Labs & shit - March - 2015

Well I thought id best share guys.

If you are easily offended I apologise and you should move swiftly on as that is not my intention.

I feel I have the duty to share my experiences in the form of imagery and this is my disclaimer.

As in keeping with the recent facebook posts I thought id share my shit in a jar.

00z1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111122%20-%20Copy.jpg

Just saying I was shocked and horrified when I noticed the sell by date on my pigs feet was June 1999 and pickled eggs 2001 :P

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed. :thumb

Posted Cos Im a twat lol

Edited by skeleton key

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By silverainbow
      Another one of those Ive been meaning to do for ages, Its normally one of those that people do early on in their explore career but I didnt for some reason, the time never felt right , Visited With Ms Penfold, A little history can be found via this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dover_Western_HeightsAnd so for a few PicsThanks for taking the time to look
    • By Landie_Man
      The Explore
      I actually explored this about eight weeks ago with Southside.  I drove to Slough, Parked up and he had kindly found the way in before I got to the University Campus.
      The site is massive, and right in the centre of Slough.  I work fairly close to Slough, and had seen the site some weeks before when collecting lunch from Roosters Piri Piri just opposite the site.  
      It's kind of strange that its sat here for so long; its very close to London and land in this general area is typically very, very expensive.  That does not of course, make Slough a pleasant place...
      I think there was a bit of an increase of traffic here after my visit, I have only just got around to editing these!  Its amazing how such a large site has sat beneath the radar for such a long time!!!

The Site
      Thames Valley University or TVU as its known; is part of the University of West London and formed part of a conglomerate of several campuses in Reading and West London. 
      The closure of this Campus was announced in 2009 and the doors finally closed it's doors in 2010.  The site has now fallen into disuse and it's 1000 students had to re-locate to other campuses around West London.

Closure was blamed on the recession/credit crunch at the time; forcing the sale of the site.

"Professor Peter John, TVU vice-chancellor, said: 'For the majority of students the closure of the campus will mean a move to one of our other locations either in Reading or West London. All those affected will be fully supported through the transition to minimise any possible disruption to their studies.' A total of 650 pre-registration nursing students at the Slough campus will be provided with a provisional timetable and have been told to pack their bags for the move to Reading by December this year."

The site consists of two tower blocks (7 stories high), a ground floor canteen, a small circular building named "The Rotunda" which houses the University's Srudent Uninon, and a 2 story admin block.
      Plans were announced in 2017 to redevelop the site into 1,400 homes, but so far nothing has happened. Currently the site is owned by the Slough Council. 

It was a surprisingly relaxed explore.  The road outside was very, very busy and all could be heard on the street outside.  There were incredibly recent signs of a squat inside one of the rooms; fresh new sleeping bags and food dated for that day in bags; sandwiches, fruit etc.  I could hear someone inside who I believe left when they heard us.   

Thanks for reading!

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157696167343975
    • By Landie_Man
      Visited with Mookster on a small short road trip around the midlands back in March.  This site was absolutely wrecked throughout and of little interest.  An 80s style factory which closed sometime in 2016.  But it was still an explore!

James Thomas Engineering was started in a small garage in Bishampton England in 1977. The business grew and moved to a converted office unit, to a much larger 5000 square foot unit in 1980. 
      This planted the seeds for a new industry leader in aluminium all purpose truss design. By 1983, James Thomas developed a pre-rigged truss design used by major rock bands on world tours.

By 1990, JTE began manufacturing in the USA to keep truss design moving on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. Come 1992, the super truss system was designed. The Company was Liquidated in 2017

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157694367095931
    • By obscureserenity
      Red Morgue Hospital

History

I couldn't find huge amount history on this location but from what I've gathered the hospital was built at some point in the early 20th century. It was funded by investors and at a time when nursing care was predominately carried out by the clergy. They wanted the hospital to become more secular in order to distance themselves from the church. 

The hospital was mainly used for surgery and featured several operating theatres but later on a maternity ward and outpatient clinic was introduced. About 90 years later the orginal hospital building was combined with a larger nearby hospital. The Red Morgue hospital was eventually closed around 2013. By this time it was only used to see outpatients, as most of it's services were provided by the new hospital which was more modern and sophisticated. 

Visit

Visited with @darbians on a weekend trip to Belgium. I was really keen to see this one after finding out about it and seeing a few photographs. It was great to see an old hospital in fairly good condition with some items still left, combined with a nice bit of decay.  As always,  hope you enjoy my photos ?

(Spot the rookie error ?)

If you've got this far, thanks for reading!
    • By Urbex Ninja
      Part of the South Foreland Battery, these gun magazines are probably the most obvious on the site. They would've held ammunition for Number 2 and 3 guns further down. We also tried out Wire Wool for the first time here.