The Victoria Infirmary in Glasgow is due to shut this year due to the opening of the new Southern General Hospital. I was wondering if anyone knew how it takes them to fully secca these places up, and if I'd have a chance to get a wee mooch around? ;)

Hi mate, it'll depend on the future plans for the place at a guess. Ie. if it's been bought by a developer for millions of squid then they're likely to shut the place down quite quickly and secca the place up to preserve their financial interest in the place. If it's just closing with no concrete plans for the site then secca is less likely for the time being. Secca or not, it's always best to keep an eye on the place and no amount of internet research can beat physically rocking up at a place and just having a look :)

Would be cool to see some shots from here, it's a grand looking building. Good luck mate! :thumb

Edited by hamtagger

At a glance thats one Hospital that seams to have a terrible reputation.

I see the A&E closed its doors as of this morning in the usual phased closure.

All NHS properties have a good level of CCTV coverage as is policy and no doubt to some degree they will utilize.

As to what degree they will be manned is another matter?

Lets hope some manage to sneak a peak :D

Cool heads up mattkasp_er :thumb

I'll definitely keep an eye on it! Been following the forum for a while now, but because I live in Glasgow without a car going to find anything has been difficult! Only found derped out places back home in Argyll. Poltalloch House out there is gorgeous but doesn't even have a floor in most places! If I find anything I shall report!

Firstly wow!

I had no idea the vicky was closing, I left Glasgow for Englandshire three years ago. When is the last day of operation?? I will promptly be straight onto wikipedia!

I'm up for explo doon there as soon as its possible, cameras at the ready! Got some memories in there over the years and the wider Battlefield area, Langside college when I was studdying there years ago. And of course many a great night of drinking in the mission, laterly the langside. Sadly now another bloody supermarket...

Will be coming back home to the motherland soon, a look round the vicky would be wicked! :P

Are there many Glasgow based urbanexbos on here?!

Aw the best,

Weeman.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jane doe
      Unfortunatly  the Glen o dee hospital was pretty trashed , a few nice little bits  

• By skeleton key
      Thankful there was enough remaining to grab some shots and at the same time have a good giggle
      Splored With Lara,Trog and peaches

In the back area of the stage Lara found some costumes and the silliness began.
      Beds began to roll up and down the corridors .

Better not to ask

I nearly ran straight into secca.
      At first i thought it was another fool dressed up but as Sindbad
      Then realized he was a Sihk Secca lol

This fella was either as deaf as a post or turned a blind eye & I wasnt fussed with either.
      As was more to see and we put a bit of distance between us and the now named Turbanator.

Cheers for looking in

• By The_Raw
      This former school swimming pool was built in 1904 and abandoned in 1997. I happened upon it randomly and had a hunch that there might be a swimming pool inside but didn't expect much given the state of the exterior. Well, it turned out to be pretty decent inside. Clearly nobody has been inside here for a very long time. The pigeons have set up shop and went absolutely bonkers when they saw me. They've really done a number on the place, or should I say a number two? It's pretty minging to be honest but at least there's no shitty graffiti or vandalism. This was a night visit so I had to light paint all my shots. I didn't do too badly considering but it would be cool to see it in daylight. Hopefully someone else will have a look soon.

This long curtain covered spectator seating for some reason

The floor up here was well dodgy, you can just about see some holes on the left of shot

Cheers for looking

• By teddybear
      A large hospital,build in the 60's and will be demolished soon. It was one of the hospitals where they also removed the lamps and tables in the OK room.
      But still a nice location for a Saturday with a nice staircase.

More can be found on my flickr page.
      http:// https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums
    • By SouthCoastUrbex
      Hi everyone! This is my footage of Battle Hospital in Reading. I visited in May 2018 and the explore went extremely well as we managed to search the entire site without any interruptions and oh my what a place to explore!

A Little History
      The site was created in 1867 as a Workhouse which went on to be known as the Reading Union Workhouse. They added an infirmary to the site between the years of 1889 and 1892 which added the space for an extra 185 beds! Amongst the First World War it was then known as the Reading War Hospital. It was then in 1930 that it became Battle Hospital but it's not over quite yet as in 1952 they built a new maternity unit which was known as Thames Block and then in 1972 they built a new block called Abbey block so by 1993 Battle Hospital was able to accomodate 280 beds however this was not great compared to the 760 beds at Reading's other hospital, the Royal Berkshire Hospital.

It was then in 2005 that Battle Hospital closed it's doors for the final time with all the patients being transferred over to the Royal Berkshire hospital in a new block which would be known as Battle block.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully you found something of interest