Landie_Man

UK Western Tower, Reading - May 2015

Well, 2015 has turned up a lot of sites which I have been waiting to do for years! This one I have been looking at for about 5 years now and was always sealed quite tight.

Constructed in 1967 next to Reading Railway Station, the building was occupied by British Rail but has been disused since they vacated in approx 1995 but I don't know for sure.

The hideous building is going to make way for new developments within the city.

The insides weren't TOO bad considering and I was able to find a fairly photogenic office with a nice old school floor. That said, this place was maintained for so long and even had working lifts to the top! It was maintained for many years after closure and I'd have like to have seen it before Demo began, but sometimes the only way too see these places is to wait till holes are ripped into them.

Visited with an explorer friend.

18779232321_3f4848f59a_b.jpg

18776775115_81f214bb9d_b.jpg

18156175613_9d08078520_b.jpg

18156217263_85a5208c38_b.jpg

18750475906_f0203ffbc7_b.jpg

18779486781_12448100d9_b.jpg

18779268411_8625a26abe_b.jpg

18771786982_d590c9a8d7_b.jpg

More At:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/sets/72157654502288622

A good view from up there Harry. Nice when demo opens up a place, although bad at the same time that it means it's gonna disappear soon :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      Due to annoying incidents quite well known. Meanwhile, a lot was looted here and destroyed as much by vandalism.
      Visited May 2018 with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By urbexdevil
      It’s been a while for various reasons but I am back and hitting the “move along, nothing to see here” central resource library… no seriously, nothing to see here.

So after a brief chat with who turned out to be a long time reader and follower through instagram, we chose a spot to meet and hit the central resource library.

Now to be honest, I was pre warned over a year ago that this place is absolutely trashed and I can confirm exactly that but it’s one I can now tick off the list.

There’s not much to see, unless smashed windows and terrible graffiti is your thing so there is a lack of photos and hardly warranting a report, but here we go anyway!

History wise? It’s a library… it closed and moved to a new location, that’s pretty much all I can say!

• By Andy
      Only a few quick shots, taken without a tripod.
      I don't know when the chapel (called "Capel Zinc") was built, it was a subsidiary tabernacle for the now Holy Trinity Church in Corris.
      Chairs has been removed and apparently the property is now used by a flower grower.
      Visited with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By jane doe
      This was an old explore from 2012 , the church and school closed in  1977  and Im not sure if its still empty or has been redeveloped  

• By skeleton key
      Thankful there was enough remaining to grab some shots and at the same time have a good giggle
      Splored With Lara,Trog and peaches

In the back area of the stage Lara found some costumes and the silliness began.
      Beds began to roll up and down the corridors .

Better not to ask

I nearly ran straight into secca.
      At first i thought it was another fool dressed up but as Sindbad
      Then realized he was a Sihk Secca lol

This fella was either as deaf as a post or turned a blind eye & I wasnt fussed with either.
      As was more to see and we put a bit of distance between us and the now named Turbanator.

Cheers for looking in