Forum update Read more... ×
BenderFX

The Analog Urbex [facebook group]

In this age of hypercoated glass, super-ultrawides and space age image editing,

the merits and intrinsical beauty of oldskool analog photography is often easily overlooked.

Hence my new little facebook group: The Analog Urbex.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnalogUrbex/

100% Analog pictures of explorations and urbex related adventures.

With 3 exceptions:

- You can of course digitally scan your image, or photograph it digitally, as long as the base material is film.

When in serious doubt, users might be asked for a discernable pic of their negative. Editing is allowed

- Digital pictures of the gear you took your analog pictures with are acceptable

- Relevant comparisons stemming from deep philosophical discussions on the analog vs.digital subject, we can't say no to that can we!?

The group is off to quite a slow start, due to the fact that I can't actually seem to find more than a handful of people that still do the analog thing.

I just turned down the analog path myself with a Pentax ME that was obviously destined for exploration (In the sense that I found this beauty 'abandoned' at a recycling yard, in full working order, with a 135 Takumar lens as a bonus. The stuff people throw away these days!)

If you can't become a member on the group page itself (it's a closed group) drop me a message!

Come show off your analog works of art over at the The Analog Urbex!

And don't forget to join the cover photo contest!

(To ye mods, If you wish I'll link a group post back to oblivionstate.com as soon as we get some activity going!)

DecayMasters, you definitely should!

Ever since i found this old pentax i've been lugging it to abandoned places just in case I see that special sth that would make for a great analog pic.

Shooting film is a very interesting experience, definitely takes more awareness and premeditation then just filling cards on digital.

The group is a little light on content for the moment, but i'm getting some rolls developed :)

more to come real soon!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Scribble
      Back in the early 2000's I started videotaping (yes, we used tape back then) some of my explorations of various abandoned industrial sites in and around Toronto.  I eventually made a film called Echoes of Forgotten Places, it may be one of the earliest documentaries on the subject. 

It's available once again on DVD region 0:

https://waveshaper.shop/products/echoes-dvd

The trailer is still on youtube:  

• By Lenston
      We all know the history of this place and with so many reports going up recently but here is a short version.

Inspired by Tumbles i decided to shoot some old BW Film.

History

Costing £350,000 and ten years to build, the Cardiff City Asylum opened on 15 April 1908. The main hospital building covered 5 acres (2.0 ha), designed to accommodate 750 patients across 10 wards, 5 each for men and women. Like many Victorian institutes, it was designed as a self-contained institute, with its own 150 feet (46 m) water tower atop a power house containing two Belliss and Morcom steam engine powered electric generator sets, which were only removed from standby in the mid-1980s.
      Whitchurch Hospital finally closed its doors in April, 2016 and is due to be stripped down and dismantled.

Thanks for looking

• By The Urban Collective
      Hey, guys, we are the Urban Collective and we don't want you to think we're here for views or to sell teeshirts like most of the tripe you see on YouTube (No disrespect intended)...

We actually have a genuine new found passion for #UrbanExploration and have been constantly uploading Photographic and video reports to @obliviontate recently and will continue to do so.

We'd just like take a moment to share our new trailer for the channel for a bit of feedback and just to let you guys know we exist.

We're always paying attention to what others do, and give good positive feedback on posts across the forum and the web.
      We adhere to the rules Urban Exploring and would just like to continue to share our experiences photos videos etc with like minded people within an awesome community.

We are just that face in the crowd watching as the high streets dwindle and the corporations take over.

We are The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

By the way guys, i hope I posted this in the right place? 
      Sorry if I didn't I didn't want to post it in the videos bit because it is not a report cheers guy's.
    • By Britain's Decays
      The old Coronation Street Film set is currently sat, abandoned , waiting demolition. This video shows an explore of the purpose built film set at Granada Studios in Manchester. Although this wasn't the very first film set at the studio it's one of the most well known and remembered amongst fans of the popular soap. The TV show's production was filmed at this location for over 30 years until it was sold to Manchester Quays Its in 2013 to be demolished and replaced with flats, offices, restaurants and hotels.

• By Sectionate
      Visited recently on my first foray over to the European side of life (can't believe it has taken so long). It was excellent / cold in the snow!

History:

On May 9, 1899, Kaiser Wilhelm II laid the first stone of Fort St. Blaise. Group Fortification Verdun group is built on top of two hills, it consists of two forts, the fort Sommy 30 ha in the south, and Fort Saint-Blaise 45 ha on the north. Group Fortification Verdun has four 150mm howitzers and six short 100mm guns. Fort St. Blaise was planned for 500 men and fort Sommy for 200 men. It could then receive two infantry companies, in addition to the gunners. St. Blaise, whose fortified barracks could receive 500 people, has 10 observation domes and 12 lookout posts.[4] The water tank's capacity was 1,300   m. 4 diesel engines of 25HP each, providing the energy necessary for Fort St. Blaise. The fort Sommy, including the fortified barracks, could accommodate 200 people, and has 6 observation domes and 8 lookouts. Its water tank could hold 600   m and it had 3 diesel engines of 20HP each, to provide the energy needed for its operation.[4] The coat of arms of Count of Haeseler is carved on the pediment of the door of the fort.

It caused the Americans a huge headache in WW2 and proved its worth as a fortified location. Patton underestimated their strength immensely.

Fort St. Blaise:

The first of the two forts, complete with short 100mm funs in place showing battle damage. 

Untitled by Nick, on Flickr

Collapsed structure / battle damage

The thing you don't realise until you get there is that the French Army have not removed any of the barbed wire entanglements, complete with foot spikes and in some places, unexploded ordnance 

Fort Sommy:

The smaller outer fort, with a machine gun cupola and two turrets with guns and a tonne more battle damage, with craters and wall collapses all over the shop!