Mockingbird

UK A Magpies Collection - June 2015

Hey everyone finally joined up here, an thought id start by sharing this place, visited awhile ago now, an loved it to be honest but recently its been the target of vandals who have trashed and stolen a fair amount of things from here, so thought I would share this place as I found it, last owned by an old gent who I think used to live inside the cottage at one point and then moved in with his children as old age crept in, he occasionally still visits and sweeps around the cottage, but unsure on the situation since vandals have been in. Kind of felt sorry for the old gent really as these are most likely his pride an joy or was.

18875416935_64f01de27c_c.jpg1

18687693958_c3f1a236a0_c.jpg2

18878208751_0f371a4557_c.jpg3

18689215859_657f64d01e_c.jpg4

18687727840_f0d3c4e037_c.jpg7

18687677978_ae7743bda1_c.jpg8

18687663028_97c1bcbc92_c.jpg14

18878178691_a51330fa19_c.jpg16

Now a quick nose round this small cottage, sadly it was packed of magazines and broken furniture so just picked out some items laying about.

18252865224_72d2fc78c1_c.jpg5

18878192321_5f850acec0_c.jpg10

18875387565_5367431947_c.jpg11

18687668078_c7cc6e3928_c.jpg12

18875381805_2639e851f5_c.jpg13

18687653468_4f49b928b0_c.jpg15

18254864503_901bb68d6d_c.jpg17

18870314492_fbb8e55636_c.jpg18

Cheers for looking everyone an more to come when I get round to it.

That's a cool first post right there. Those cars are looking pretty sorry for themselves and what an odd collection including an old ambulance and a hearse! Loving the hearse though I should add. Excellent photos and like your style of processing, look forward to seeing more :thumb

Hello Shane,You've just gotta love these old dilapidated houses surrounded with decaying vehicles as simply great subject matter.

Good to see mate.

I didn't get you're pm till this morning and glad the spazzing all sorted, :o Now that sounds wrong :P

Cool shots thanks for sharing, Welcome on the Form and if have the time say a quick Hello

http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/32-Just-take-a-moment-amp-say-Hi

Cracking first report that. Real unique feel to your editing style, thanks for posting and looking forward to more :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By urbexdevil
      It’s been a while for various reasons but I am back and hitting the “move along, nothing to see here” central resource library… no seriously, nothing to see here.

So after a brief chat with who turned out to be a long time reader and follower through instagram, we chose a spot to meet and hit the central resource library.

Now to be honest, I was pre warned over a year ago that this place is absolutely trashed and I can confirm exactly that but it’s one I can now tick off the list.

There’s not much to see, unless smashed windows and terrible graffiti is your thing so there is a lack of photos and hardly warranting a report, but here we go anyway!

History wise? It’s a library… it closed and moved to a new location, that’s pretty much all I can say!

• By Andy
      Only a few quick shots, taken without a tripod.
      I don't know when the chapel (called "Capel Zinc") was built, it was a subsidiary tabernacle for the now Holy Trinity Church in Corris.
      Chairs has been removed and apparently the property is now used by a flower grower.
      Visited with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By jane doe
      This was an old explore from 2012 , the church and school closed in  1977  and Im not sure if its still empty or has been redeveloped  

• By obscureserenity
      Campina Youth House

Haven't seen this one posted anywhere so I decided to chuck a quick report up on it. I would say this particular location could be described as disused rather than abandoned, as it looked like there was redevelopment work going on when we arrived. Hence why it is so nice and pristine. Anyway, onto a little bit of history I found..

History

The Youth House was orginally built as a leisure centre in Campina. A city situated roughly around the South East of Romania. It was constructed by local authorites in order to create a space for young people to participate in a range of sporting activities such as: aerobics, matrial arts and boxing. It was also established in order to promote culture and education and the house provided various facilities for the arts. The Youth House hosted a large auditorium to  showcase fairs, exhibitions, conventions, concerts and festivals. 

Visit

Visited with @darbians and @Gigi on a long weekend trip to Romania. We were driving past and saw what we orginally thought was a hotel and decided to check it out. Finding this place was defintely an unsuspected susprise and I'm very glad we decided to pull over. I really enjoyed photographing this one and I espiecally liked the mosiacs which reminded me of the ones at Buzludzha I had seen the previous year. I hope you enjoy my report!

When you find a window open on the top floor, gotta get a few photos from the roof 

Thanks for reading!

• By montoff
      Does anyone know if Cloud cottage is still acessible as heading over that way this weekend,thanks