Urbexbandoned

UK Rifle Church - Essex - June 2015

This is a little church in Essex, has been redundant for quite some time. By the looks of it no one has been in there for a while as the dust was building up, to say my OCD was coming in to effect was a bit of an understatement, I just wanted to get my feather duster out and give it a polish up. Now looked after by the conservation trust people, whoever they are but being pretty desolate I don't think it gets much attention. The grounds were quite unkempt too.

Anyway, this is a little place I had found not long before, I liked the look of it and with having a few hours to spare decided to crack on and see what it was like in the flesh.

Parked the car up quite far away as the main road to it wasn't suitable for my stupidly lowered car, again! Got my stuff together for a little walk, had my google earth on so I knew where I was going and reached a foresty area. Looked pretty dense, started walking through, all the time I am texting my boyfriend too. Then I came across a sign "No access beyond this point - LIVE SHOOTING IN PROGRESS" ... The inner kid in me got a bit excited. I texted him and told him I had to walk through a rifle range, I don't think he quite believed me until I sent the picture :D I think this worried him a little so I told him I would pretend to be a bush :D:D Got through the dense shit, looked up, made sure it was clear and fucking legged it!! It wasn't too far but fuck was my heart beating. The church was only 5 or so minutes walk out of the other side so I was almost there. Got inside, got my camera out, left the camera cards on the seat of my car :mad: Had to go back through the range, forgetting completely about the road that run along side of it which I couldn't get my car down. Time was running out and I didn't care much for the sump on my car and drove it back down that road to the church. I finally made it inside with a camera I could use. There is NEVER a dull moment haha! Moral of the story, don't be a twat and remember the road runs right up to it!!

19185465675_6058415ca7_z.jpg

19091047711_650d11976a_z.jpg

19090983711_853265eb28_z.jpg

18901565809_b812801003_z.jpg

19082109062_7d3c3667b8_z.jpg

18900124058_4667f5143d_z.jpg

18467108213_bd14f6cc7b_z.jpg

19082115352_27229303aa_z.jpg

That's a quality looking place, especially the candle chandelier and that archway :)

Loving that write up too lol, never a dull moment indeed haha :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jane doe
      Snowdown was the deepest colliery in Kent reaching well over 3,000 ft (915 metres). It was also the hottest and most humid pit in Kent and was given the name 'Dante's Inferno' by the miners. Regarded by many as the worst pit to work at in Britain, most Snowdown miners worked naked because clothes became too uncomfortable. The miners could consume around 24 pints (14 lires) of water in an 8-hour shift. There were frequent cases of heat stroke.

Snowdown closed in 1987

• By jane doe
      Established in 1926, G.L. Murphy was a family run business and supplied bespoke machinery to the tanning industry, as well as building rag cutting and cable stripping machinery.  The company also provide refurbishment and renovation works for various machinery types. 

• By crabb
      What's left of the south marston hotel, remains an empty, scorched shell. Not much to see on this one, and I am way to late but hey, it still provides an eerie vibe. And the photos came out pretty good too. Thanks,
      C

• By jane doe
      Predannack opened in 1941 as an RAF base, but today is the satellite airfield to RNAS Culdrose - it is a restricted MOD site and an active airfield used daily for flying training and also provides our Fire Fighting training facility. The area is heavily utilised by Culdrose helicopter squadrons, light fixed wing aircraft and, on an occasional basis by other aircraft types including jet aircraft, for a variety of reasons. Predominantly crews are involved in intensive training sorties involving a high cockpit workload. On average there is in excess of 2000 aircraft moves a month at the unit. The airfield is also used by the Fire Training School for live fire fighting and rescue instruction/exercises and there is also a rifle range at Predannack which is frequently used for live weapon firings. Additionally the airfield is used for a variety of additional tasks when the Control Tower is unmanned e.g. gliding.

• By crabb
      After hearing about the permanent closure of this well known super store giant, we felt like a part of our childhood was gone forever.
      In the store we visited, we found the names of those loyal workers written on the wall with one of those people having  worked there for 20 years,
      but unfortunately we couldn't go back and get a photo due to my camera running out of juice.
      But all is not lost as there is a full video on my friend's youtube channel so check it out!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Kirbsvids
      Here are the best photos we managed to get, thanks for looking.
      C