Urbexbandoned

UK Pitchford Hall - Shrewsbury - July 2015

Great set of photos there looks like you lads had a good time there. And glad you made it in. I really enjoyed my visit also. Did you find the hidden door in the wood panneling.

Thanks, laddette if you please :D no didn't find that. It was indeed a good day & thank you :thumb

Ahh my friend Lucan yeah think that's the one lol I didn't find it. So your the only one I've seen get a picture would have liked to see what as down there..have you been back to brogy again yet we need take a look there again :D

Edited by Lavino

the passage seemed to go in about 10 feet or so and was dark , not much looked like it was in there

You found the secret room and didn't go in fully? From what I've heard of have been in there seeing it for myself.

This is a bit about the priest hole I found on the web......

What most upset Mrs Colthurst was that he made the decision without accepting her invitation to visit the hall. 'Not even one of his juniors came,' she said, grimacing and talking at breakneck speed to conceal anger and tears. She gave one of her last guided tours. In one room, she moved a piece of wood panelling and a secret door opened. Beyond it, a staircase led down to the Priest's Hole installed during Henry VIII's reign. In the 1640s, Prince Rupert, nephew of Charles I, hid there from the Roundheads. Twelve of his troopers took cover in the tunnels.

I took the torch on my second visit and planned to investigate further but found the place sealed tight, so just got externals and a dislocated shoulder from slipping on the steps coverd in moss

I took the torch on my second visit and planned to investigate further but found the place sealed tight, so just got externals and a dislocated shoulder from slipping on the steps coverd in moss

That doesn't sound like a fun visit

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jane doe
      Established in 1926, G.L. Murphy was a family run business and supplied bespoke machinery to the tanning industry, as well as building rag cutting and cable stripping machinery.  The company also provide refurbishment and renovation works for various machinery types. 

• By crabb
      What's left of the south marston hotel, remains an empty, scorched shell. Not much to see on this one, and I am way to late but hey, it still provides an eerie vibe. And the photos came out pretty good too. Thanks,
      C

• By jane doe
      Predannack opened in 1941 as an RAF base, but today is the satellite airfield to RNAS Culdrose - it is a restricted MOD site and an active airfield used daily for flying training and also provides our Fire Fighting training facility. The area is heavily utilised by Culdrose helicopter squadrons, light fixed wing aircraft and, on an occasional basis by other aircraft types including jet aircraft, for a variety of reasons. Predominantly crews are involved in intensive training sorties involving a high cockpit workload. On average there is in excess of 2000 aircraft moves a month at the unit. The airfield is also used by the Fire Training School for live fire fighting and rescue instruction/exercises and there is also a rifle range at Predannack which is frequently used for live weapon firings. Additionally the airfield is used for a variety of additional tasks when the Control Tower is unmanned e.g. gliding.

• By crabb
      After hearing about the permanent closure of this well known super store giant, we felt like a part of our childhood was gone forever.
      In the store we visited, we found the names of those loyal workers written on the wall with one of those people having  worked there for 20 years,
      but unfortunately we couldn't go back and get a photo due to my camera running out of juice.
      But all is not lost as there is a full video on my friend's youtube channel so check it out!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Kirbsvids
      Here are the best photos we managed to get, thanks for looking.
      C

• By jane doe
      Unfortunatly  the Glen o dee hospital was pretty trashed , a few nice little bits