You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By anthrax
      Disclaimer: Some of the images displayed in my album contain anti semitic graffiti. I'm not promoting anti semitism here but am only showcasing what's inside this bunker. 

Today's post is about the exploration of a World War II bunker, that has  been abandoned since approximately 1955, when Austria signed the Declaration of Neutrality. Construction began during the war but because of the siege of the Red Army, the bunker was never finished.
      Nowadays, most of the former exits have been walled off with only one proper entry and exit remaining. Rescuing people trapped in certain areas of the facility would be close to impossible, due to some entrances being filled with stones and mud.

You imagine bunkers like concrete mazes and even though it looked like one, it was hard to get lost. It was very easy to navigate around even though the tunnels measure about 700m (0.45 miles) in total. Initially, there were around 5 to 7 entrances throughout the whole structure which made it impossible to get lost.

DSC_5054 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_5080 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_5085 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_5090 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_5124 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6339 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6351 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6353 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6357 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6369 by anthrax, auf Flickr

If anyone is interested in more, the full album of photos can be found here and my post about the structure here. 

• By TrevBish.co.uk
      Bowling World – Belgium Closed in late 2015. It closed due to a decline in custom and proposed development on the site of this bowling alley and dance hall next door.

• By 8ReDRuM

• By btf.photography
      Good Evening Everyone,

Just a quick intro to myself, my name is Ben, and im the Photographer at B T Frewin Photography, hence my profile name, and i currently live in Rotherham.
      I am pretty much new to the whole urbex scene, but have a ton of experience with my camera and love a good explore.
      Im just reaching out to fellow rotherham/sheffield urban explores/photographers who wouldnt mind meeting oneday to explore new places and exsisting ones and hopefully get me fully into this.

If so, drop me a messege.

Cheers.