MrT

St. Nicholas Church, Caenby, August 2015

I stumbled across this local(ish) church whilst searching for something else. So me and the dog went for a walk. Both entrances to the lanes had electric gates with intercom, layby and through the field it was then.

Overgrown, locked tight and to fat for the tiny window I grabbed a few gopro and phone shots then went home.

The tiny redundant church of St Nicholas, consisting of a nave and chancel, is down a lane south of Glentworth. The church, medieval in origin, was restored in 1869 and most of what you see externally is of that date. The church was made redundant in 1975 and sold into private hands and is now used as a store.

I spy with my little eye!

20565007526_b975694a00_z.jpg

20403284740_93f8671ce1_z.jpg

20403281770_2daba221c5_z.jpg

20403284270_fe201bfd21_z.jpg

20591251335_80562d9e07_z.jpg

20403284920_d2b8ea066e_z.jpg

Thanks me friends :)

Edited by MrT

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The_Raw
      This former school swimming pool was built in 1904 and abandoned in 1997. I happened upon it randomly and had a hunch that there might be a swimming pool inside but didn't expect much given the state of the exterior. Well, it turned out to be pretty decent inside. Clearly nobody has been inside here for a very long time. The pigeons have set up shop and went absolutely bonkers when they saw me. They've really done a number on the place, or should I say a number two? It's pretty minging to be honest but at least there's no shitty graffiti or vandalism. This was a night visit so I had to light paint all my shots. I didn't do too badly considering but it would be cool to see it in daylight. Hopefully someone else will have a look soon.

This long curtain covered spectator seating for some reason

The floor up here was well dodgy, you can just about see some holes on the left of shot

Cheers for looking

• By SticksandDrones
      This is my first Urbex adventure. I recently moved to West Sussex and though I'd have a look around at some popular and easily accessible sites to explore. I stumbled upon Bedham Chapel and after some quick research, I found the location and travelled there. We drove down a single track road until spotted it in the woodland below us. We parked a few hundred metres further down the road and set out on foot to get there.

This is my video report that I captured and I apologise for the clickbaity title of the video and the fact that it's so weird it looks staged. But it really isn't! My girlfriends reaction to this is real and we were definitely creeped out by our find. If anyone has any idea of what this ceremony was about, please let me know!

Video Link

• By Britain's Decays
      We visited St John's Hospital in Lincolnshire on Sunday, here is our video. Although we were told the security at the hospital was extremely tight we didn't actually come across any security at all! They must have been having a day off lol.
    • By SuZyQue
      After a mess up with directions on a saturday explore decided to go for a walk with Miss CSI on sunday and see this lovely old church, been before and love it every time I see it.
      Heres some history:-
      St.Andrew's church is a partly redundant anglican church in covehithe suffolk, it's grade I listed. Part of the church is in ruins and is under the churches conservation trust. It stands on a lane leading to the sea, which has suffered significant ongoing coastal erosion. The eldest fabric in the original large medieval church dates from the 14th century but most of it from the 15th century. During the civil war of charles 1st much of the stained glass was destroyed. By the later part of that century
      the large church was too expensive for the parishioners to maintain, they were given permission in 1672 to remove the
      roof and to build a smaller church within it. The pews were 15th Century and the pulpit is 17th century.
      Enjoy the pics:-