WildBoyz

UK King Edwards VII Upper School, Melton Mowbray - August 2015

Nice set of pics there.

I've noticed this thread has gone a bit mad on views, I think it's been shared on social media somewhere. Anyone care to enlighten us? (feel free to use the contact form if you're not a member)

Maniac.

I found the link on Twitter yesterday and shared it on my Facebook, sorry!

Had to share they are fantastic photos. Had to register, couldn't find the contact form haha.

Great photos of my old school!!

I'm an past student of King Edward and even went back to work there setting up the Wi-Fi network that was pioneering at the time (for a school).

These pics are quality! Thanks for putting this together!

I shared it on fb last night and quite a few of my old school pals have as well, not surprised traffics picked up!

I was also an A level photography student here, so the pics of the photography rooms bring back some top memories!

Thanks again for this

I found the link on Twitter yesterday and shared it on my Facebook, sorry!

Had to share they are fantastic photos. Had to register, couldn't find the contact form haha.

Great photos of my old school!!

Don't apologise, we post these things for people to enjoy so the fact so many students and staff from here have enjoyed seeing them is exactly what this forum is about. :-)

Maniac.

Yeah, just like Maniac said, cheers for posting and sharing folks :thumb; I'm glad the photos have offered something to those who used to attend the school. It sounds like many of you have plenty of old stories to tell.

Edited by WildBoyz

Great site. Found a link to this on Facebook form a friend I went to school with here. This was back in the late 80's early 90's.

Anyway, liked the site and joined to participate over the coming weeks/ months as I am a keen photographer and this is right up my street :-)

Just to note slide 13 is not the main hall, or at least it wasn't in my time. When I was there is was the art area. The main hall was in another building. The steps to the right went up to the physics department and I think home economics (though I never did that so cannot be sure!..lol).

Great site. Found a link to this on Facebook form a friend I went to school with here. This was back in the late 80's early 90's.

Anyway, liked the site and joined to participate over the coming weeks/ months as I am a keen photographer and this is right up my street :-)

Thanks for joining up. :-)

Stick up an introductory post in the 'Just take a moment and say Hi' section and introduce yourself to the forum, a friendly welcome awaits I can assure you.

Also it's worth reading our FAQ's which will tell you how we operate and what to expect.

Maniac.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jake Alan Crag
      Hey everyone, so I'm pretty sure everyone's heard of this place so i dont really need to explain much about it, but if you haven't, below is a brief history of Denbigh Mental Asylum.

Grade 2 Listed building.
      Built work started in 1844
      Building work completed in 1848

Built to house up to 200 patients with psychiatric illnesses. In the early 1900's it housed 1537 patients (Approx).
      The hospital had its own farm and gas works.
      Planned for closure by Enoch Powellin the 1960's, however it only began closing in sections between 1991-1995.

Nurses Quarters:

This is genuinely one of the best condition buildings that i have ever explored.

Most of the lower floor windows were covered in either ivy or thick vines, so it got quite dark in some sections of the building.

Now for the hospital itself, my personal favorite photos:

Thanks for reading,
      Make sure to check out my youtube channel Jake Alan Craig for the video and my instagram @exploring_with_jake for regular abandoned photos.

#WereJustTrespassing

• By jane doe
      Snowdown was the deepest colliery in Kent reaching well over 3,000 ft (915 metres). It was also the hottest and most humid pit in Kent and was given the name 'Dante's Inferno' by the miners. Regarded by many as the worst pit to work at in Britain, most Snowdown miners worked naked because clothes became too uncomfortable. The miners could consume around 24 pints (14 lires) of water in an 8-hour shift. There were frequent cases of heat stroke.

Snowdown closed in 1987

• By jane doe
      Established in 1926, G.L. Murphy was a family run business and supplied bespoke machinery to the tanning industry, as well as building rag cutting and cable stripping machinery.  The company also provide refurbishment and renovation works for various machinery types. 

• By crabb
      Built in 1871 but had been refurbished at some point.
       Now, I don't do heights.. So I was chuffed to see my mate practically run towards it in excitement and go first. It was pretty high and the grated floor was not ideal if you wanted to avoid looking down. 
      The tower probably stands around 40-50 ft but exact measurements are unknown at this point.
      Apart from the odd clanging of metal under our footsteps and how wobbly it was, it was a good first climb like this for me!
      Got some snaps as usual, enjoy! 

• By jane doe
      A little gem of a place ...went here when  it was guarded by a very irrate bull lol