mookster

Day & Dusk on Chicago Rooftops

Dawn broke on my first full day in Chicago and the weather was absolutely biblical. Rain lashing down across most of the city in a torrent. Not good for exploring, or doing anything in really. A couple of my exploring friends had travelled across from Buffalo in upstate New York to meet me for the first weekend, and there is a running joke between me and them that whenever I meet up with them, the weather is absolutely awful. That day did nothing to dispel the joke, so we settled in for some breakfast near our first rooftop target. Luckily the weather cleared up, and the sun came out, so we cracked on.

The first rooftop is a 38-storey mixed use tower, very much occupied and in use which creates the challenge of making your way past the security/receptionist stations without looking too suspect, carrying bags and tripods LOL.

I don't normally do rooftops or high things, you can normally find me poking around factories and stuff so this was a pretty new experience for me. But an enjoyable one no less.

21803597229_c558b2980f_b.jpg

21964309636_47ea98647b_b.jpg

21964308756_4c1db9948b_b.jpg

21369337223_a55484dfa4_b.jpg

Beneath the glass dome was the building's swimming pool, with one or two people in it at the time :P

At the end of the day after our various misadventures elsewhere, we decided to take in the sunset on another rooftop. A much taller one this time, standing at 60 storeys tall. The view was incredible.

21834656490_18c72b5be6_b.jpg

21834655750_10c3174b79_b.jpg

22022823835_7023a6be8f_b.jpg

21401653653_b640a93107_b.jpg

21996607016_23070bcdb7_b.jpg

21834951608_524d46589a_b.jpg

After that, we went to get some well deserved food and made preparations for the next day :D

Thanks for looking.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By UrbanBeginner1
      This church had been on my bucket list for a while and I finally got access, granted it happened last year. I don't know a lot of the history of the church, other than the congregation was founded by German immigrats in the 1800s. The origional church burned in the Chicago fire and a new one was constructed in 1904. In the 1910s Polish immigrants moved in and the German congregation declined in membership. It bounced back and years later in the 50s a large Puerto Rican population came in and spanish masses were offered for the first time. Membership throughout the 60s and 70s etc kept declining and in 1990 the church officially closed. The rectory, convent and school were all torn down. As for the chruch a development company owns it and want's to turn it into luxury condos and a music school. 

• By Ninja Kitten
      Every now and again i hear this nag."mum..mum..when can you take me sploring,,,something fun like a school..a swimming pool and a place with loads to look at...."not much to ask really! ...a quick call to my bestey PS and wer in the car ... an hour or so later and we pull up...may as well teach them the tricks of the trade while their young hay:) A fantastic splore as always with PS and a young Nitro Ninja..
      Looks like the headmasters out for the day....its splore time !

• By Lament

Little house somewhere in Belgium. Seems there lived an 103 year old lady and after a fire on the upper floor she left the house. Her son still comes there every week to feed the cat.
    • By Maniac
      Bit of very old derp for you

• By 8ReDRuM
      This was the wheatsworth mill aka Nabisco.