Mumi

Textile factory

On 11/11/2015 at 0:52 PM, Urbexbandoned said:

That must have been lovely to explored somewhere with such sentimental value. Looks great, love the old sewing machine :thumb Was it cotton or wool?

Thnx Urbexbandoned! And sorry for late answer! All I can saw there was cotton! :P

On 29/3/2016 at 10:52 PM, hamtagger said:

Nice video that mate, cheers for posting it :thumb 

Thnx! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By anthrax
      Founded in early 1800's the complex was initially used as a hand weaving mill. Following 30 years of manual work the means of production changed when the small mill was bought by a young interpreneur who changed the concept to include hydropower. A few years after that, the mill changed owners again when it was decided to enlargen the mill and convert it into a fully functional factory, instead of a small hydropower driven mill.
      Successively more and more looms and heavy machinery were added when a textile producer outsourced his production because of monetary advantages. During WW2 the production was stopped and the factory used for producing telecommunication materials for the military.
      Because of the decline of the texile industry in Europe and outdated machinery the factory had to close for good in the 2000's. Now it's slowly consumed by nature and open for urban explorers like me.
      Full Album: (70+ photographs) https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157669234673708/with/42217673072/
      Full Blog Post: http://inwordsandpictures.net/textilefactory

DSC_7178 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7224 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7237 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7241_1 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7252 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7259 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7272 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7302 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7308 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7336 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7350 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7382 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7394 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7414 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7425 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7431 by anthrax, auf Flickr

• By Hooismans
      This is an old paper factory were they would make cardboard, The factory opened in 1905 and closed in 2005 after the company was taken over by an other company which stopped the production.

There was also this old burned out Jaguar which was quite nice to photograph.

Thanks for looking!

• By anthrax
      Today I visit some kind of factory buildings near a train station. I'm unsure if this was part of some other factory or if those were standalone buildings. One from the two had a cafeteria, so it appears plausible that this was a seperate firm. I'm saying that because the buildings are located on a industrial area where many companies, warehouses and such are located.

Enjoy!
      Full: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcr8Da

• By Doug
      Not the greatest photos ever, but yeah... mine are the after shots (shown first) and the before shots (shown after) are 25 years old and not mine.
      I hope that all makes sense