urblex

UK Loxley Chapel, Sheffield - September 2015

Visited with Ferox, this was our last explore of the day & a nice peaceful end to an ace day exploring. Knew we were getting close when we came across an overgrown graveyard, was worth going just for that, really like graveyards so it was pretty cool. A bit sad as well thinking about the owners of the overgrown graves, some of them looked like they might still be tended to but there were a lot that had been reclaimed by nature, was a bit of a surreal wander. Would be a really atmospheric night time explore i reckon. Cheers once again to Ferox, a sound chap & spot on to explore with.

507e9da7-f09a-4ea0-962f-10c006209049_zpsje2alohx.jpg

a4267516-6142-429a-89a7-f6e7170fe3d6_zpsmz6wso9z.jpg

81bff255-1bc4-48ee-9acb-8cfd2ff8b2eb_zpsthmneenp.jpg

History,

"Built in 1787, it served its local community for more than two centuries Loxley Chapel in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, was closed in 1993. It is a Grade II-listed church, once known as Loxley Methodist Church and Loxley United Reformed Church.

Shropshire resident Iain Kelly has relatives buried in the chapel’s graveyard, and said he was ‘shocked’ at its state after visiting there in 2010.

Mr Kelly said: ‘After a long search I was unable to identify the family graves and came away quite distressed at the total and utter neglect.

Writing on Sheffield Forum, he added: ‘My horror was increased on the discovery that the burial ground is still accepting new customers, as it were."

6d40b6b3-ea60-45d9-9144-0c19191489ea_zpskga3ko7p.jpg

64cc6dcb-d2ed-492f-b9d6-8e686e8f7597_zpsq3dooy3w.jpg

did go down here but wasn't a lot going on

fe442b40-d9e4-4805-a15c-5dde522ea3f4_zpsd2dsghvo.jpg

3c406a8c-cbd6-4326-b3b5-aab5952f49f7_zpsrprjouxb.jpg

ceee1ed8-42d4-497b-88f5-6a3b755a63b2_zpsimltmcgv.jpg

79623dde-26c0-4012-bd8b-ab3a3590b3d0_zpssahp4vz0.jpg

e4d52193-e8a0-408f-9b2f-03dd57d1ddb3_zpsjprdiznt.jpg

af41ae2d-b4a9-4365-871b-15d43f50b955_zpsmdep3atz.jpg

32802902-3e22-4c3d-bf33-46dfa87c4e0d_zps7i1ypryq.jpg

c66f0f57-63c1-4a8c-82e4-9736a96045e1_zpsibhfrzze.jpg

a nice dark photo to end with :-D

ada33b5d-a0d4-4495-8e36-e98baf0316bd_zpsef7jvzpy.jpg

LOL that sounds like an entertaining match report in that old newspaper! Thanks for sharing.

I'm guessing you went in without a tripod perhaps, and maybe were up against it a little with poor light conditions. There's a post about lighting that may be of interest - http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/showthread.php/10397-Light-painting-techniques-and-tips?p=86603#post86603

Sound thanks for the advice :) i don't explore with a tripod, know i should get one but it's just something else to carry and i like to travel light. To be honest i've always find lighting a bit hit & miss, could probably do with a more powerful torch as well.

Nice one mate :thumbSmart little mooch this. I agree that the graveyard was just as good, too much Black Metal mate :-D Like the shoot looking down into the cellar. Reminds me of the original Evil Dead :thumb

1 hour ago, Ferox said:

Nice one mate :thumbSmart little mooch this. I agree that the graveyard was just as good, too much Black Metal mate :-D Like the shoot looking down into the cellar. Reminds me of the original Evil Dead :thumb

Cheers mate, 'groovy!' that it reminded you of the Evil Dead :-D glad we got them the wrong way round & finished on this one. No such thing as too much Black Metal :Devil::cool2::evil: haha. Hopefully let you know soon when am over for new year mate...