Sign in to follow this  
SANGE

Germany - DAS GEFÄNGNIS -

From the man's existence, this impose its manifiest power over other mortals justifiying the closure.

Ideals, religions, cultures, thoughts and ways of life dies into this opressive scaly walls, the home of torture, the home of death.

Welcome to Das gefängnis, welcome to the prison.

bajo%2B11.jpg

planta%2B1%2B-%2B7.jpg

planta%2B1%2B-%2B15.jpg

planta%2B1%2B-%2B4.jpg

planta%2B1%2B-%2B5.jpg

planta%2B1%2B-%2B8.jpg

planta%2B2%2B-%2B11.jpg

planta%2B2%2B-%2B13.jpg

planta%2B2%2B-%2B2.jpg

planta%2B3%2B-%2B9.jpg

planta%2B3%2B-%2B7.jpg

planta%2B3%2B-%2B14.jpg

If you want to see the full report, go to: http://the-lostsouls.blogspot.com.es/2015/12/das-gefangnis.html

Ohhh thanks a lot!!!!  It was a very special visit and I enjoy as a child taking pictures.

- jones-y-gog thanks for your visit and "The man..." is a fantastic sentence ;).

- urbexabandoned thanks to you. if you want to know more about this place and see the full report go to: http://the-lostsouls.blogspot.com.es/2015/12/das-gefangnis.html. But translator is not really good I think, sorry ;(.

- And hamtagger, thanks again for the visit and I'm going to explore your videos ;)

Thanks guys, I'm happy than you like this post :-D

Hey @SANGE I looked at the full set, really cool and the music goes well with it :) and those little etchings on the walls of Karl Marx etc - amazing!!

Really liked your Cinema Nostalga set too. Looking forward to seeing more stuff from Spain, as we don't seem to see that much up to now :thumb

Hi Jones!!! Thanks again :-D the prison was really photogenic and the etchings were a surprise...I think there was another one from Engels.

Cinema Nostalgia was going to be the next post to upload here but you discover before :wink:. That cinema was really important in a region plenty of mines and textile factories, when I go inside and see that gem I was astonished...more than 30 years closed and it's exactly as the owners left it.

In Spain there are many gems discovered and i'll introduce some of them sooner. See you Jones ;)

I too have just had a look at the full set, you take awesome photos! I did a bit of translating. Very interesting and like @jones-y-gog found the etchings of Karl Marx pretty amazing. I have been to his grave at Highgate Cemetery too which was again quite amazing in itself. 

Thank you, I love this sort of stuff :thumb 

Loving these photos, what an amazing location! Thanks for taking the time to post a report and I look forward to seeing what else you've explored! :thumb 

Thanks urbexabandoned for comment and The-Raw, it's a pleasure for me your visits and words, thank you see you ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By urbexdevil
      Being a regular at the Nurburgring and this place being brought to my attention by a non explorer, the perfect opportunity after a day of storms arose!

Putting this one off all week with temperatures reaching the 30s, the moment came on a somewhat stormy day to check this place out, taking full advantage of the slightly cooler – yet humid air.

My first explore out of the UK too which made for something special, despite being a derp it was still something different and unique for myself in comparison to the UK.

There’s not much left of the place and the history is scarce, however it looks as though work began rebuilding the place but the cost of development was a spanner in the works.

The basement also contained a septic tank which is no longer allowed in the region, combining that with the nearest sewer being some distance away making development even more expensive.

• By Light-worx
      An abandoned beacon in the baltic sea. There are two of it. One 1000m and the other one in 4000m distance from the runway.
      Ther were used to enlarge the range of the runway ...so the pilots could navigate easier to the short runway.

Build and used by the NVA. The army of the former GDR... (DDR).

• By teddybear
      This one was visited on my latest trip through Germany.
      This was the water treatment facility of a power plant. That power plant is already gone. There were also some outdoor water basins ,but they were well overgrown.
      The  only thing I took from this facility were several mosquito's bites.

IMG_0345-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0337 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0376 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0366-HDR by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0408 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0394 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0364-bewerkt-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
    • By Ghost-Scooter
      A few weeks ago I visited an old abandonend chocolate factory in the south-west of Germany. The rainy day normally suits the shabby mood of the environment but of course requires long exposure. Unfortunately I forgot to turn off steady shot (camera shake compensation) so 50% of my pics turned out to be blurry. 😖 Shit happens!

Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01819-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01822-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01860-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01861-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01868-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01864-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01866-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01863-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01867-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01834-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01851-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01823-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01849-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01856-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01857-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01858-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

DSC01854-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet by Ghost-Scooter, auf Flickr

• By Peterchen
      When Robert Montgomery showed his exhibition "All Palaces" in Berlin in 2012, probably few have expected how limited the time of the Stattbad will be and how right he should be with his light sculpture "All Palaces are Temporary Palaces". Four years later, the location, once known internationally for music, art and culture, has already been demolished.

Designed by the architect Ludwig Hoffmann and inaugurated in 1907, the bathhouse was initially used by numerous factory workers in the area, as the tenements were then equipped without showers and bathtubs. There was a large pool for the men and a small one for the women. During the Second World War, the main building was badly damaged, but rebuilt in the 50s until the bathing operation was discontinued in 1999.

After a short vacancy, the STATTBAD Wedding was reopened with the exhibition "No more sugar for the monkeys" and quickly gained a prestigious reputation. As an event location, the building attracted numerous artists through its preserved 60s aesthetic. On the upper floors there were permanently used ateliers, the two dry-laid pools were used for exhibitions, concerts and parties, the best known being the STATTNÄCHTE with its numerous well-known Djs.

The photos shown here were taken in mid-May 2015, shortly after the closure due to a lack of building security measures. Jochen and his coworkers did not suspect that day that they had already left their last working day in this place behind. Meanwhile, only the curtain wall of the building remains, but new palaces are planned here, probably student apartments.

More pictures of this huge location can be found here -> http://www.patrick-hertel.de/stattbad/