Contact the team

Belgium Diesel Farm (11/2019)

Urban Relics

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.urbanrelics.be
After several attempts to get into this power plant, we finally found a way in early November of this year. It had been on my bucket list for quite a while. When I found out there was a way of getting in, I scurried over there. I wanted to see this before the thieves and vandals arrive (which won't be long now, since the youtube community has found it too). What can I say? It was definitely worth the wait. That control room is simply delicious! Well, it is to mee anyway :)

A bit of history:

The "Diesel Farm" power station started production in 1976. For many years, it would be the most important producer of electricity in the region. The plant was powered by diesel combustion and had a nominal capacity of 83 MegaWatt. In recent years the plant had been discredited several times. Various environmental organizations took action in 2007 as the plant was at that point powered by the incineration of palm oil from Malaysia, which is particularly harmful to the environment. In 2010, while unloading a transport of heavy oil, a broken oil pipeline caused a significant pollution of the river. By that time, due to the aged installations, the plant was no longer profitable and for a while it was only used in the event of a major emergency. At the end of March 2012, the final curtain fell on Diesel Farm.

DieselFarm01.jpg

DieselFarm02.jpg

DieselFarm03.jpg

DieselFarm04.jpg

DieselFarm05.jpg

DieselFarm06.jpg

DieselFarm07.jpg

DieselFarm08.jpg

DieselFarm09.jpg

DieselFarm10.jpg

DieselFarm11.jpg

DieselFarm12.jpg

DieselFarm13.jpg

DieselFarm14.jpg

DieselFarm15.jpg

DieselFarm16.jpg

DieselFarm17.jpg

DieselFarm18.jpg

That's it, folks! Thanks for watching! :)

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I always like the look of this place, some nice colours going on, and that control room is a good'un! Cracking pics here

:comp

Last edited:

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
That is quite stunning and seems in good condition. Worth making the effort to get to for sure!