Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Graff HQ - September 2014

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Spotted this place a while ago & made a mental note to check it out, visited with a fellow Preston explorer, who found out what it used to be & found access. Only realised i should of stayed in bed about halfway through the visit when my body told me 'you're going to be sick lex!', after a brief interlude managed to carry on. The place seems to be some sort of graff HQ and is covered with the stuff, some of it was OK but loads of the usual uncreative, uninspiring, scrawls (sorry i mean 'tags'). Don't mind actual decent graff/tags but just scrawling the word 'rats' all over Preston is not my idea of creativity, might as well just take a piss on the wall for the same effect. It didn't bother me so much til he decided to start defacing St Jos & made it impossible to take a photo in there now without his 'tag' getting in the way... Anyway it was a decent explore, was a bit on edge at first at all the empty cans of super lying about & evidence of lots of activity but my exploring buddy said we would be reet & that was good enough for me. Especially liked exploring a security place since i got busted by security on my last explore :D

IMG_2058_zpse5edaaea.jpg

History,

According to Google it's still open today :rolleyes: (Well i suppose it was open for us heheh). Shepherd Security Ltd alarm company started trading in May 2008 & was run by Heather and Lance Shepherd and their son James. They were all banned as company directors after failing to pay more than £186,000 in tax and from what i can tell they closed in 2013. They have since set up Shepherd Fire & Security Ltd which they pay other people to run for them.

IMG_2027_zps9d83270f.jpg

IMG_1967_zps779437c8.jpg

IMG_1966_zps44e9edb3.jpg

view from the window

IMG_1977_zps4090ee1b.jpg

IMG_1980_zps2203bbde.jpg

IMG_2013_zpsb5cd08b4.jpg

rule #6 grow up?

IMG_2025_zpsd939fe65.jpg

IMG_1997_zpsc06ac485.jpg

IMG_1998_zpsb6de4c72.jpg

IMG_2023_zps92f336af.jpg

'arty' chair shot

IMG_1961_zps8e00dd34.jpg

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Worth checking these places out, if only for the arty chair shot lol

Agree about the graff - not a big fan myself, but if its creative and doesn't intrude on a place it's totally fine. There's too much shitty stuff and worse still some deliberately destroying the look of a place. I'm referring to the (once) amazing Ivy bathroom of St Georges, impossible to get a decent shot now or edit out later...

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Good graff can make certain places that have really hit the skids and that chair shot is cool (y)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
interesting little looking place there !

:comp