Great Britain Kings Hall, August 2019

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
King's Hall

Following a visit to Europe I rather quickly got back into exploring in England. First up was this stunner which I've attempted about 3 times prior and had been on my list for a while.

King's Hall was closed in January 2013 in pursuit of redevelopment, with on going negotiations to return it into service.
Built back in 1916 was built as a cinema for religious films and movies.
It closed as a cinema in 1937 and reverted into use as a church.
From then on failing maintenance lead to the church falling into disrepair until closure.

Explore
This site is well known as a "Hit or Miss" location where it is often sheer luck and considering its location in the city we had to pray the odds were on our side. And they weren't on the first 2 or 3 attempts. Eventually we got tipped off about a potential entry and with some time to kill whilst waiting for another group it was now or never.
We initially set off a number of sensors and cameras looking for the access and subsequently made our visit brief incase we got caught, like everyone else does....

We were in, now lets shoot, quick.

Photos
The building has some amazing architecture, green tiled halls, open entry ways and clasrooms but we had no time to waste and only shot the main attraction.

48787287253_5f5dd92c1e_b.jpg

48787288018_9dc3dd05ba_b.jpg

48704781047_01811798b7_b.jpg The Hall Of Kings

Taken from the very flimsy cross, which almost killed me shooting this.

48787799632_b821d1737e_b.jpg

And with that we got the text to say the guys we were meeting had arrived and we had outstayed our welcome...

KP

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Nicely done. I got lucky first time when I went. Amazing building