free hit counter
Nutt Lane Farm, Simister, Prestwich- June 2015 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Nutt Lane Farm, Simister, Prestwich- June 2015

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
This is more about the places history etc. The reason being i went here when the demo vans went to catch it before its gone.

History: So the history for this i spoke to locals in the area to find out what happened. And the sad truth is that the lady living there died when the farm caught fire she was rushed to hospital where she sadly passed away. The farm is the oldest one there at 300 years old and is now going to be demolished to be turned into an estate. This again is sad news. I checked online to confirm this and after a little searching i found the newspaper about the lady This was the article

Tragedy of farm fire woman, 78

A 78-year-old woman has died after a fire at a farm in Simister.

Police from Bury were called at 12.15pm on Friday after reports of a fire. They found one person trapped inside.

The pensioner was rescued and taken to North Manchester General Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and serious burns.

The woman was treated overnight but died at 7.50am on Saturday.

There are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances

While i was there they had already started to take sections down and lined up for rest of it. So in memory of the farms history and the lady who sadly passed away sorry i don't know the lady's name. I put these pictures what may be the last from here has its being taken down.

The explore: What can i say this had to be the saddest place to go to. For the first time i looked even more into the history of the place and boy it did feel very emotional especially when i reached the stairs to the bedrooms and saw the fire damage and smoke. My god it was a very hard place to picture from her cloths still in the wardrobe to probably her grand children's rooms with a conflict of football fans one man city one bolton. There where programs from matches everywhere. There also was a doll thing that creep-ed me out. Then i realized it had been in the fire so i picked it up and took a better shot of it. There where books etc it was her life right here. Then the one that hit me hardest the record player with the last record she played in. Man this place hit me hard. I hope you like the pictures all taken from new camera and a really good torch cause it was really dark here. Hope they do this place and the family proud. Many thanks for looking.

DSC00447_zpsprygvkrv.jpg

DSC00446_zpscmfkj5pi.jpg

DSC00484_zpsubxgfiia.jpg

DSC00482_zpsjsuhzot2.jpg

DSC00479_zpsmj5dvbw9.jpg

DSC00478_zpsejtcnnwx.jpg

DSC00477_zpswks84145.jpg

DSC00474_zps3ryhs5jf.jpg

DSC00473_zps0aexdde7.jpg

DSC00472_zpspxuiikqv.jpg

DSC00467_zpscvhnxis9.jpg

DSC00464_zpssujucvj3.jpg

DSC00462_zpsxrofvdbr.jpg

DSC00459_zpso2jkgx9t.jpg

Last record she played really sad ..

DSC00458_zpspzd5vrks.jpg

DSC00455_zpsh6j2mo6a.jpg

DSC00469_zpswphcsmjd.jpg

I hope you all like the pics of this lovely place with a sad history. Thanks for looking. Made this my first post cause it fits in real well with site and boy was one heck off a heart breaker to explore. Just imagine walking to them stairs and seeing that fire damage then going into the room where she was trapped. Well its been documented before them yellow monsters pulled it all down. Thx all. And sorry for slight pic heavy but i think you will appreciate it.

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That's a sad series of events indeed and can only imagine what must be going through your head knowing what happened in there. Out of interest what was on the record player?

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
You know i have never looked until now. And thanks to you i may have the ladies name christine donnely has its written on the record. And the record is sifters,shifters and finger clicking mamas. Geno washington and the ram jam band 1966 67. Oh it deffo had a feel this one did. Thx for reply raw m8ty

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
A sad read indeed, don't think I'd like going to a place like this given the circumstances but thanks for sharing (y)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Bless the poor old girl and the story kinda give the place more substance when walking around Im sure.

Nice research and write up there (y)

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice one CBS good write-up some good shots you got mate ...

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
Yep brings back some memories this one does. Yea so sad. Cant believe its probably an housing estate now. Thx for likes and replies

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
This report shows to me more than anything else, its not just about pictures. It really hit me just reading about this let alone being there and yeah its things like the clothes left behind that do it and that LP on the turntable...fuck man...that's powerful.

Places like this always have some sadness/melancholy, some more than others, but always feel drawn through fascination.

Great job done to document, share whilst clearly showing respect for the people and their memory.

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
Thanks Jones for that very nice reply it's greatly appreciated. I'm glad you took something from it has was intended.