free hit counter
Westbrook House School, Folkestone - June 2011 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Westbrook House School, Folkestone - June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Westbrook House was a Preparatory School based in folkestone for 2-11 year olds. It was established on the site in Folkestone after the second world war by K.N.G. Foster, and existed in one form or other right up until 2008 when it closed its doors with just 119 pupils on role - it's capacity was 310. It was essentially a victim of the credit crunch.

News article about the closure here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7513184.stm

I've had my eye on this for a while, but never managed to find a way inside until recently. It's very stripped out, but a nice building with a few hidden bits which make it worthwhile.

Visited with Frosty.

Image-8828.jpg

Image-8910.jpg

Image-8847.jpg

Image-8848.jpg

Image-8842.jpg

Image-8855.jpg

Image-8862.jpg

Image-8874.jpg

Image-8864.jpg

Image-8895.jpg

Image-8906.jpg

Image-8919.jpg

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
How strange was that Mike, we hit it the day after you :lol:

Great photos :)

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
Good effort mate, couldnt believe wevsky told me nelly had just done this place after you and frosty had just cracked it. Good effort guys...I may have to pop in for a look soon (y)

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
How strange was that Mike, we hit it the day after you :lol: Great photos :)
Considering I've had my eye on this place for about 2 years and only told a few people about it, very strange. I think it was rumored by someone on 28 a while back thou. We've checked it for access more times that I can remember, but this time we found it. We wern't going to bother, but as we were in the area we thought we'd take another look although I'd almost given up hope of ever finding a way into it. Just goes to show persistance pays off sometimes!

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
How strange was that Mike, we hit it the day after you :lol: Great photos :)
Considering I've had my eye on this place for about 2 years and only told a few people about it, very strange. I think it was rumored by someone on 28 a while back thou. We've checked it for access more times that I can remember, but this time we found it. We wern't going to bother, but as we were in the area we thought we'd take another look although I'd almost given up hope of ever finding a way into it. Just goes to show persistance pays off sometimes!
You are completely right there, I remember looking at this place with you AGES ago and you had been watching it for quite a while before that. It's good to see that you cracked it in the end and didnt just give up. Good effort (y)

Ramsgatonion

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This is great, and brings back so many memories for me as my first school. Hopefully I can take a look at this place soon.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Not that strange ..nelly was looking at another other place in area and spotted this..no outside help..i saw the rumour thing on 28 after i heard u guys done the place..Happy coincedence mate

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Not that strange ..nelly was looking at another other place in area and spotted this..no outside help..i saw the rumour thing on 28 after i heard u guys done the place..Happy coincedence mate
Yes I know that, I meant it was strange in the fact that I've been looking at it for years and happened to explore it the day before nelly just stumbled accross it.

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Drove past this the other day and it's all but gone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.