Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Auschwitz,Poland (visited 2007) 2013

klempner69

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Not really an explore but for me,probably thee worst example of what man actually did to fellow man.How some people can deny what happened here is beyond me.I first visited a concentration camp in 1980 called Belsen..I have never forgotten the pictures of the unfortunates photographed after it`s liberation.

Where do I begin?

Main Gate I guess.....

CSC_0148-M.jpg

CSC_0140-M.jpg

CSC_0141-M.jpg

CSC_0161-M.jpg

CSC_0162-M.jpg

CSC_0163-M.jpg

The Camp Commander was hanged here in full view of his house over in the trees

CSC_0166-M.jpg

CSC_0172-M.jpg

CSC_0177-M.jpg

We strayed away from the tourist trail..tell me this isnt what it looks like?I asked about it,and was told it was a fire pit...with diving platforms?

CSC_0184-M.jpg

Dreadful place of execution

CSC_0194-M.jpg

CSC_0193-M.jpg

We are now a few miles down the road at Birkenau...had enough already

CSC_0204-M.jpg

Demolished Cremators

CSC_0206-M.jpg

Bunks

CSC_0216-M.jpg

Not much remains of the barrack blocks..the Germans did a good job of covering their tracks as the Red Army advanced

CSC_0222-M.jpg

CSC_0225-M.jpg

Everyone knows this view

CSC_0230-M.jpg

CSC_0233-M.jpg

Can you imagine using toilets like these?

CSC_0237-M.jpg

That was and is one hell of a monument indeed,a World Heritage Site and rightly so.

Temple

OS Member
Reaction score
Sobering place this is. No words, just respect.

Shush

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Very well captured, they look stunning in black and white and with the snow on the ground.

Ninja Kitten

O.S Friend AAA
OS Full member
Reaction score
Thankyou for posting this report....very well versed and outstanding photos also...such an austere place..makes me shiver reading it,,yet facinates me also..just how? and why? could another human do this to another are my questions...both unanswerable to any normal personj...thanks again..very sobering agreed :sad2:

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Really great shots of a location with such a tragic past and more so in the snow :|

Nothing i can say other than walking around here with the thoughts of what was leaves little to words .

Quality Klemps all about documenting the past regardless of how dark it can be some times :beer:

Great shots (y)

Ninja Kitten

O.S Friend AAA
OS Full member
Reaction score
Quality Klemps all about documenting the past regardless of how dark it can be some times :beer:

couldnt agree more,,,

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Sends shivers down my spin look at these, but if we don't document it people will never be educated, i agree the snow does make it some how more saddening. thank for the photos.

Perjury Saint

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures of such a horrific place!! Just unimaginable what happened here...

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Lest we never forget the people that suffered and died for our freedom, it's a very emotional and thought provoking site, one that I plan to visit one day in the future, I think it's important that its preserved for the future from a historical point of view and used to educate others about Hitler, his evil regime of mass geneside so that history can never be allowed to repeat itself again.

Klempner, thank you for posting this, your pics are amazing, bet it was one hell of a traumatic day, thank you for sharing your experience with us

:|

SuZyQue

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Fantastic pics, a sad part of our history, and something we should never forget to insure it never happens again. Well done :)

Siren

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Wow, these photos are amazing. Emotive and thought provoking, thanks for sharing them!

Rik

OS Member
Reaction score
Great photographs, really capture the mood and makes you think what it must have been like to be imprisoned in that terrible place