Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Beware of photobuckets terms of use

northerngeek

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I was going to post reports with photos, so I checked out photobucket and flickr. And I became a bit concerned. From the photobucket terms of use: When you make your Content public, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to copy, distribute, stream, post publicly display (e.g. post it elsewhere), reproduce and create derivative works from it (meaning things based on it), anywhere, whether in print or any kind of electronic version that exists now or is later developed, for any purpose, including a commercial purpose.

By making your content public, you are also giving other Members on Photobucket the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and create derivative works from it via the Site, third party websites or applications (for example, via services allowing Members to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content, and via social media websites), provided such use is not for a commercial purpose. Because of this I will not upload my photos on photobucket. Maybe you are already aware of this. I just wanted to make sure you were. (Sorry about the messy layout.)

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
I was going to post reports with photos, so I checked out photobucket and flickr. And I became a bit concerned. From the photobucket terms of use: When you make your Content public, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to copy, distribute, stream, post publicly display (e.g. post it elsewhere), reproduce and create derivative works from it (meaning things based on it), anywhere, whether in print or any kind of electronic version that exists now or is later developed, for any purpose, including a commercial purpose.By making your content public, you are also giving other Members on Photobucket the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and create derivative works from it via the Site, third party websites or applications (for example, via services allowing Members to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content, and via social media websites), provided such use is not for a commercial purpose. Because of this I will not upload my photos on photobucket. Maybe you are already aware of this. I just wanted to make sure you were. (Sorry about the messy layout.)
I always set mine to private, Photobucket does give you that option but i do understand your concern :)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Yep I do the same keep set to private opposed to public that way you can still share via the link provided and other may see when posted on the forum.

If either photobucket or flicker were ever to use users images there would be a mass exodus which they are more than aware of hence they never have over the years.

(y)

northerngeek

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Ok. Will concider the privacy option then :).

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
No one in all the millions of users have never had a single copy right issue as know people would leave in mass

(y)

LewisS

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I'll get mine flicked onto private as well as I don't remember setting it up as private.