free hit counter
Great Britain - Dream Land Margate - Report Feb-2007 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Dream Land Margate - Report Feb-2007

SuZyQue

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I was on a walkabout in Margate last year and ventured into the Dreamland site, heavy security presence at the time, did try the female charm to get nearer for better pics but it was a no-go, as you are all probably aware this lovely historic railway was damaged badly by fire earlier in the year, anyway on with the pics I did get.

Dreamland opened in 1920 and is a Grade II listed, the park has the oldest roller coaster in the uk, the link below gives more history and info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamland_Margate

They left a door open for me lol, security and there cat were right next to this in there hut.

dreamlandmargate5-39.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-41.jpg

Looking through the window.

dreamlandmargate5-47.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-46.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-35.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-33.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-32.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-20.jpg

Did manage to get around back on top of car-park and get a few pics.

dreamlandmargate5-14.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-13.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-10.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-8.jpg

dreamlandmargate5-6.jpg

Enjoy the pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice to see some pics before half of the scenic railway was destroyed by fire. :(

I would love to see inside the old cinema at Margate, but I think it's a no-go area as they are looking after the building pretty well.

Maniac.

SuZyQue

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thankyou fluff and maniac. I did venture near the cinema but it has cameras I think so a no-go, I enjoyed looking around, did find a way in but it was under the car-park and dark, and believe me in margate you don't wanna venture there on your own. :)

vanishing days

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
yeah ive been to the car park near it its like something out of a horror film

PowerSurge

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice to see some pics before half of the scenic railway was destroyed by fire. :( I would love to see inside the old cinema at Margate, but I think it's a no-go area as they are looking after the building pretty well.

Maniac.
I agree with Maniac. Its nice that you got some pics of the scenic railway. Ive worked at Margate Station a few times since the fire and it is always sad to see the scenic railway in that state. I hope they rebuild it. Brilliant to see inside dreamland again. Mrs Powersurge and I used to visit Dreamland alot before we got married.

Brilliant report SuZyQue

Last edited by a moderator:

SuZyQue

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thankyou powersurge, that is a brilliant pic. :)

PowerSurge

OS Member
Reaction score
Thankyou powersurge, that is a brilliant pic. :)
Cheers SuZyQue :D . The picture was a good memory from a good night out. But sadly the last time I went to Dreamland. Would be nice if the place got a new lease of life