Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Freedom Of Information Act

Shadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the lovely people in the Government, it is possible to ask for any document in the militaries archives so long as it is not covered by the official secrets act. They send any information free of charge within 20 working days.

Here I am going to write a tutorial on how to request information.

Use this template for your request

Dear sir/madam,I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the freedom of information act. In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query as specifically as possible. If however this request is too wide or too unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the act, you are required to advise and assist requesters.

[Place details of the specific information that you want to request here. It is advisable to first give a bit of background info in here, so the recipient fully understands your request]

I understand that under the act, I should be entitled to a response within 20 working days. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,.......
And this is where you put it...

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Conta ... equest.htm

You can use the FOIA for almost anything, requesting photos, documents, and architectural plans etc

I hope this is of use ;)

Jesus

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Ooh, nice tutorial there. Will be using that for reference at some point.