Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Harlow Odeon - Dec 2010

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Now I do like derelict Cinemas, no idea why but they're always one of my favourite explores and this one was no exception.

Visited this with Kent_urbex - cheers for driving, made a nice change (y)

After a couple of other fails, and a rather expensive food stop (don't ask) we decided to head up here as we were pretty sure we would be successful. Cheers to Trogolodyte from 28dl for some help ;)

It's a reasonable size cinema, 3 screens which would have origenally been one big screen, but they chopped the corners off the back to make 2 additional smaller ones, leaving quite an odd shaped screen 1. The projector room for this place was pretty big, and all the lights worked as well which made a nice change. I couldn't get the lights working in the screens thou, no matter how many switches I turned on!

The Reception Desk

Image-3974.jpg

Refreshments

Image-3975.jpg

Image-3978.jpg

Screen 1 - excuse the cobwebs, there were loads of them everywhere. Must be some big spiders living in that place somewhere, not a good explore for you Frosty :p

Image-3936.jpg

Image-3933.jpg

Shows how they trippled it, leaving a long corridor bit at the back, which they even stuffed some seats into. I don't think it would have been very nice to watch a film from those seats at the back.

Image-3945.jpg

Screen 2 and 3 were practically identical to each other

Image-3929.jpg

Image-3937.jpg

Screen 3

Image-3943.jpg

Projector Room. This was the highlight really. Even though there weren't any projectors left, just the stands, there was one lamp unit on the floor, very heavy thing to lift thou so we left it where it was. Loads of little bits and pieces lying around up here.

Image-3954.jpg

Image-3951.jpg

Image-3947.jpg

Image-3958.jpg

Image-3972.jpg

Image-3967.jpg

And that's it really. There were offices and a staff room etc. but they're pretty boring to photograph, so I didn't bother.

Thanks for looking.

M

he who must rome

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice......thats Very NICE !!!!!, need to do a cinima...... :beer:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice one mike..i do like a cinema:) trog is a good bloke aint he thought i recognised the place!!And u not driving what did you do to entertain yerself mate lol