free hit counter
Belgium - High Voltage - April 2018/January 2019 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Belgium High Voltage - April 2018/January 2019

Urban Relics

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.urbanrelics.be
Doing a 'revisit' of an abandoned place is usually not a problem for me. Especially these industrial sites. We have this one blast furnace site in Belgium, which I have visited nine times now and I still don't feel like I've seen it all...

This former power plant, linked to the nearby steel industry, became obsolete at the demise of that steel industry. It is not clear how long the building has been empty. On a first visit at the end of 2016, what was left was still fairly intact. The only entrance then was through a small window 4 meters above ground level and that was clearly a bridge too far for vandals and other scum. On this first visit we arrived here too late though. It was already getting dark and using artificial light inside the building with large windows, would have drawn unwanted attention... I kinda lost track of it after that, but in April 2018 we found ourselves in the vicinity and decided to have another stab at it. In the meantime, several and considerably easier entries had been "created", which was immediately apparent from the increasing vandalism. A pity... Still I felt there were enough pretty details left for a set of photos. On the second visit we got to see the better part of the building, but unfortunately we didn't succeed in gaining access to the control room that time. A third visit was imminent and that time we were in luck... Three time's a charm, right?

Krachtstroom01S.jpg

Krachtstroom02S.jpg

Krachtstroom03S.jpg

Krachtstroom05S.jpg

Krachtstroom06S.jpg

Krachtstroom07S.jpg

Krachtstroom08S.jpg

Krachtstroom11S.jpg

Krachtstroom12S.jpg

Krachtstroom13S.jpg

Krachtstroom15S.jpg

Krachtstroom16S.jpg

Krachtstroom19S.jpg

Krachtstroom22S.jpg

Krachtstroom23S.jpg

Krachtstroom101.jpg

Krachtstroom102.jpg

Krachtstroom103.jpg

Krachtstroom104.jpg

Krachtstroom105.jpg

If you've made it this far, you've pretty much seen it all! :) Thanks for watching!(y)

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
My cuppa tea, this. Looks lovely, and beautifully captured too.

:comp

Last edited: