Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Hiya!!

ThD

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
My husband and I have recently got into exploring but most of the finds online we found are now either redeveloped, demolished or unobtainable and dated back to 2019/2020 explorations. We thought we would reach out and ask how you find the abandoned buildings, obviously the bigger ones like asylums and alike are well documented online but what about the abandoned houses and similar? How do you find them?

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
Joining here and looking through is the best start. You will definitely find stuff out there. Then post up get some notice things will work out. Most of all enjoy yourself

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there @ThD
The subject of finding locations, especially houses is one that I could probably write a dissertation on and can often lead to very heated debates! These debates often involve houses which recently seem to particularly attract the more unsavoury element of the urbex scene. To answer your question briefly I'd say if you want to explore abandoned buildings keep an open mind as to any type of place: some houses are fine but not the be-all and end-all. You do need to invest time on research and you can get lucky and spot something random as you drive around. However there are some who are constantly posting houses on social media who would like you believe its all down to hundreds of hours of painstaking research. Its not. There is unfortunately a culture within this hobby of swapping locations without a care simply for increased exposure which means monetization. But that's a road we don't want to go down šŸ˜‰
So I've still managed to ramble on a bit and hopefully I've not put you off. In one word: enjoy!

Last edited: