Contact Staff

Contact the team

Introduction to Norwegian-exploration

Discomental

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hello!

So I recently signed up here and I thought I should share some images and some stories about how things are done up here in Norway. If you don't like text just go down and you will find some pictures :)

When starting to browse these forums I see 10 different huge industrial sites posted the same week in the same country, here you might be lucky and see 10 of the same thing on the same scale in a lifetime. Land is costly and as soon as something faced out of use it will be razed to the ground and before you know it the new building us already up, you have no idea how fast it happens here. However what we don't lack is bunkers, the Germans build forts along the entire coast, to cover every way in to the cities by sea, most of these remain and some are used as museums, some have paths made so families can go up and bbq on the top of the command bunker, but the most interesting are those forgotten in the woods, hidden and not visited often. 

I will share some photos from my archives show some of the places, and share some history

25101553974_0052664b17_b.jpg

This is the kind of places I really love, an intimidation door into complete darkness, about 98% of all the places you go to explore, you will not see daylight before the day is done and you leave the spot, as of course the bunkers completely dark, adding to the thrill of exploring, especially as these places usually are on private grounds (those places in town of course) and people usually don't want us going in there in case something should happen, their property is their responsibility basically. This particular spot is the emergency exit from a German built communications hub for air traffic over the city. Where I grew up the Germans raised two huge u boat bunkers which served as a base for restocking weapons and repairs during their raids in the Atlantic ocean. I will get back to these u boat bunkers later as I'm trying to keep this short.

25101603304_6bb990dbe8_b.jpg

Inside is the perfect place to demonstrate the typical spider check as they live in hordes down here, personally I suffer from Arachnophobia and I hate those  bastards, but i fast forget about them as I start to explore these places :)

As I said this was the emergency exit as the main entrance is long gone, when you get to the end you are meet with this site, which to me says something really BIG ate the rest of the bunker :x

25732347145_63c83c107b_b.jpg

Which reminds me of another place with a lot to offer a willing explorer who seeks it far out in the nothingness long the coast. 

25611010502_9e7142e5d6_b.jpg

This is an old torpedo battery, also built by the Germans it served as defense for the small fjord, devastating any ship that would dare to sail. They built about 15 of these special batteries in Norway, I've seen about 6 and they are all very different, some left to time to decay but others used by the Norwegian military but eventually they we faced out of use and left to nothing, only the weapons where dismantled and the rest left for looters and explorers. 

This place had me so excited only to find out that the main staircase had collapsed, 15 meters down I didn't risk anything, I had no rope and no helmet. I was unprepared but hopefull and I eventually found another way in, long corridors, caves, stairs and endless water all over the place. After a while I could see light further in the tunnels, this is very rare and to my great joy I found that the torpedo chamber had lost it's cover and daylight poured in. I sat down, put on some Pink Floyd per usual and had a smoke by the place where the torpedotube it self would be.

25732024655_071ffe477a_b.jpg

25105398783_e6f6254afb_b.jpg

This was one place I found while exploring the barracks and tunnels on my way down.

Next up we had a hospital and air raid shelters for the workers and soldiers on the docks for the submarine bases. This is still has it's original paint on the walls, which grows beautifully green when it's lit, this gives some cool opportunities to draw! Along with those I will put a few more images for those who don't read and want bang for their buck!

25432099920_20ddcb6f15_b.jpg

25432098960_99cd502bd9_b.jpg

25102467084_c864a63a86_b.jpg

Shelter for gas attacks, the air conditioner was driven manually by hand, this is a Norwegian fort abandoned in the 80s 

25637842361_a43d8ca92d_b.jpg

Staircase to a command bunker in a torpedo battery

25732956755_dcefb141e0_b.jpg

Unique location of a former anti air battery by the coast, one of the most beautifully located coastal forts. 

25637895291_a40d493433_b.jpg
z

Buddy of mine need a breath of fresh air and some daylight after hours underground

May be some typos :D  if something is unclear I will explain! 

And lastly, one of the few huge industrial sites (wrong category but oh well), this is the only photo. I put my camera on a tripod, set a 15 seconds exposure to test it and at 13 seconds a security guard walked into my shot as he had hear something, the light you see is his flashlight, I basically caught a picture of him catching us. Lessons were learned :D

If anyone should ever go to Norway, more specifically Trondheim, I would be happy to share some locations, just give me a shout! I hope the post was ok, as I'm not very good with forums and all of this codes :D Hope you liked and look forward to seeing more what you post, I will continue to post as I explore more!

Last edited by a moderator:

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
That's a great report mate and cool to see something new :)  

Thanks for taking the time to compile this and post it up  (y)

:comp  

Discomental

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thank you man :)

I just realized the last image from the industrial site was missing, here it is:

25732953425_79d00b5333_b.jpg

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Really nice shots mate, and it seems to me that you don't have any issues with forums ;)

Nicely put together too (y)  

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Very nice, welcome to the forum ;)

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Great selection of images there, and glad you added that last industrial one - my kind of place!

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Fantastic mate, really enjoyed reading this. Welcome to OS (y)  

klempner69

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Loved your report and shots..welcome to the forum.

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Welcome to OS. Liking the look of some of those bunkers, fancy a trip to Norway @The_Raw :D  

Conrad

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Awesome I enjoyed reading that.