Contact Staff

Contact the team

Kirkless College Hudderfield - February 2016

dubgav14

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hi All. 

This was our first explore of the year and also this is my first report on Oblivion State.

I heard about this place threw the forums and also we wanted to head down the Sheffield, Wakefield, Huddersfield area as it seem to be a hot spot for some good explores.

I went down at the weekend before to have a look around and i quickly walked around the outside and before id even got to my car i was getting questioned by the car park security. He was a friendly enough guy and even said he could get me access but where is the fun in that? So fast forward to the following weekend and a nice quiet Sunday. 

LITTLE HISTORY ON THE PLACE as im sure most of your know :)  

The Hospital was founded in 1831 with the carlile wing been opened in 1902

The site incorporates 10 buildings ranging from Grade 2 listed Hospital buildings to modern blocks of classrooms.

The former Ramsden Technical College moved on to the New North Road site of the former Huddersfield Royal Infirmary in 1967.The college paid £105,000 for the site.

In September 1968 the first students began lectures at New North Road.The first new bulding on the site opened in 1969.The main new block was built in 1971 - the year the college became Huddersfield Technical College

By 1978 there were more than 8,000 students studying at the site.In 2008 Huddersfield Technical College merged with Dewsbury College to form Kirklees College

The College moved into a new purpose build waterfront development in 2013 which will welcome 20K Students.

The old site has been purchased by Oldham based Wiggett Construction Company for an undisclosed sum. Plans for the future of the site are expected to be unveiled early in 2016 but the developers are expected to create a mixed use site featuring residential, retails and leisure uses.

THE EXPLORE

Access was pretty much straight forward thank to vandals who like to smash windows. Quite an interesting building and its an absolute maze causing a couple of "oh shit where are we" moments. As it mentions in the history it say its been a Hospital/College but we also seen logos on the walls to do with the local police? Can anybody expand on this? Quite a bit of stuff left behind in a lot of the rooms. Also a very interesting basement and boiler room. Any way we all had a good day and there is a lot take in... so here is some photo that i took along the way... to record our look around....

Enjoy!

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Thanks For Looking

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice first report that mate and a quality set of shots :)  

Image 3 is my fave (y)  

:comp

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice one, thanks for posting your first report!

'Discover the cheeses' award?! Now that's something I could do :D

degenerate

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures, the police signs you saw are from when they filmed some drama there, it was either Remember Me or Black Work (as far as I'm aware there is no "Greater Yorkshire Police" and that bed is from the film Extremis.  :)

Last edited by a moderator: