free hit counter
Great Britain - Living in America, a walk before the storm, Februray 2021 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Living in America, a walk before the storm, Februray 2021

Grindle

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
All I knew was that it was in the hills, above a village in Powys, at the end of a long muddy track.

pastedGraphic.png

Follow your intuition, to me this sign was a bit of a give away. So off I set, after about 20 mins I guess I was starting to have doubts. It was one of those....... just one more bend in the lane........ five more minutes type of places.

Perfect if you are one of those 10k steps a day types. I am happy if I do 165, thats enough don't take me out of my comfort zone.

I was out of my comfort zone.

Je suis ici

pastedGraphic_1.png

pastedGraphic_2.png

There is a lot of chatter about this place on the interweb, I cant be arsed, it is mostly guess work, embellishment and bullshit. Welcome to America Cottage

C'mon
Lets Mooch

pastedGraphic_3.png

I enjoy it when getting my leg over is this easy; took awhile though for my eyes to adjust to the gloom

pastedGraphic_4.png

It is unknown why it is called America, but the census of 1851, suggests it was originally constructed as a terrace of cottages inhabited by farm labourers and their families.

pastedGraphic_5.png

pastedGraphic_6.png

The evolution of cooking appliances and the evolution of appliances for the evacuation process.

pastedGraphic_7.png

pastedGraphic_8.png

pastedGraphic_9.png

This is the weirdest bog I have ever encountered, situated in a small alcove at the bottom of one of the staircases. There was no evidence of there ever being a door fitted, but notice the handle on the door frame to pull yourself off.

We do things differently in Wales.

pastedGraphic_10.png

pastedGraphic_11.png

Ladies Employment Bureau: didn't we live in simpler, happier times; when boys were boys and girls were girls, non of this wetwipe gender neutral bollocks.

pastedGraphic_12.png

pastedGraphic_13.png

pastedGraphic_14.png

pastedGraphic_15.png

pastedGraphic_16.png

There be treasure a plenty in these here parts. Although a throwback pram in pristine condition was the last thing I expected to see.

pastedGraphic_17.png

pastedGraphic_18.png

pastedGraphic_19.png

pastedGraphic_20.png

pastedGraphic_21.png

Now that is what I call a bath, long and deep, better than the tin bath in front of the open fire that would have been used prior to modernisation.

Well if you can call it that, no central heating, bare painted stone walls, it must have been unbearable during the winter, yet rumour has it, folk lived here up until circa 2006

The romantic in me would say "What a view to wake up to every morning".

pastedGraphic_22.png

The realist would say " Fuck me it's 15 miles to the nearest Lidl"

pastedGraphic_23.png

pastedGraphic_24.png

pastedGraphic_25.png

Random furniture: Random lighting

pastedGraphic_26.png

pastedGraphic_27.png

Birds should fly free, not be kept in tiny cages

pastedGraphic_28.png

pastedGraphic_29.png

What a gorgeous piece of furniture, a nursing chair perhaps. It should be saved and loved.

pastedGraphic_30.png

god fearing.

It was whilst I was mooching upstairs that the voices came to me.

NO! I was not like Saul on the road to Damascus, being called to repent and to see the error of, and change my ways.

Never gonna happen.

I heard several; male, loud and aggressive. Hmm! I thought.

See, I am a lover not a fighter, but I really did not fancy getting bummed in a clusterfuck in the Welsh hills, thank you very much!

The voices were coming from outside the building, i glanced out of the window, I needed to weigh up my options.

Yes, four of them, wild eyed and bearded, three of them carrying sticks. Great.

pastedGraphic_31.png

I did: I was

Fucking ramblers, trespassing through the countryside as if they own the place!

pastedGraphic_32.png

pastedGraphic_33.png

A child's shoe, the last bit to see, I thought it would be my last memory, but........

pastedGraphic_34.png

.....never ignore the outbuildings.

pastedGraphic_35.png

pastedGraphic_36.png

pastedGraphic_37.png

It takes 4 years to qualify as a motor mechanic, through an apprenticeship scheme.

"Nah sod that just go and buy one of these manuals, an adjustable spanner and a big fuck off hammer and you can fix anything"

Oh how they laughed at the gullible.

pastedGraphic_38.png

pastedGraphic_39.png

Looks Like Rhys, studied at Leeds Uni. An endearing letter from his mother, why this has ended up here I don't know as it is an address some 10 miles away.....

pastedGraphic_40.png

......and fancy that, some lassie, cancels a holiday, but still wants her decorating done, and help with some studies in physics.
A pretty long winded ask could have been compressed to: " Any thing you have in connection with elektrickery as I am fucking clueless".

pastedGraphic_41.png

pastedGraphic_42.png

pastedGraphic_43.png

Who doesn't like rubbing an old brass

pastedGraphic_44.png

Oh! hello Joan, we were just talking about you.

trikey

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Bloody marvelous, that is a proper time capsule.