free hit counter
New Victoria Theatre, Preston - September 2014 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

New Victoria Theatre, Preston - September 2014

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Been eyeing this place up for ages but is it's in the middle of town & even at stupid o'clock that area is still full of club goers trying to make their way home :zombie :zombie:zombie .... :sad: Anyway popped out to get some milk the other day & spotted a much easier way, knew that i'd be kicking myself if i didn't use it before it gets sealed which has happened with other places & luckily had my exploring stuff with me (been back since & it has been sealed again). First solo explore in a while, apparently it's not the done thing but there's nothing like a solo explore in the dark to get your heart racing & make you feel ALIVE! Was a bit wary at first because of the easy access & i've been told that homeless people used to sleep here. Didn't get any good shots of the main screen as i heard a BANG when i was in there & nearly legged it, managed to 'man up' telling myself it probably came from outside but still didn't want to stay in that spot. Was pleasantly surprised to see some of the things i've seen in other peoples photos have remained in the exact same position :D And not a lot of vandalism, the building seems to be doing a good job of destroying itself with most of the damage caused by general decay. Had trouble lighting the place up with my sub standard 'army torch' so got a lot of dark photos & used the flash on some but i quite like some of the dark ones and it gives a good impression of how dark it was inside.

ext_zps8f3ac8d0.jpg

History,

Couldn't find a lot of history just a lot of stuff about a local action group wanting to restore the building to it's former glory, no offence to them but good luck with that... If i can find out anything else that's interesting/relevant i'll add it, If anyone else knows anything feel free to let me know...

It opened in 1928 and only had one screen and a restaurant. By 1970 it had been renamed Odeon and the restaurant was turned into a second screen. There's also what looks like a nightclub called Clouds but the entrance was breezeblocked up (fucking breezeblocks again! :whyu: ).

The cinema closed in 1992 and the building has remained derelict since then. The site was bought by entrepreneur Simon Rigby in 2011, who has just bought Preston Guild Hall saving it from closure (which is disappointing, was looking forward to exploring the Guild Hall), but for some reason he's just left the cinema to rot for the past 3 years.

IMG_2065_zps762c4607.jpg

IMG_2068_zpsfe6fdde6.jpg

Preston's filthiest hand dryer

IMG_2100_zps50315039.jpg

IMG_2115_zpsd0b6d592.jpg

IMG_2124_zps33d6b0a1.jpg

IMG_2131_zpsea13ab47.jpg

IMG_2146_zps197bdf8f.jpg

IMG_2138_zpscb0b71be.jpg

IMG_2137_zpsfdc565e8.jpg

IMG_2174_zps761810a7.jpg

IMG_2152_zps3876a52d.jpg

IMG_2181_zpsf5c71269.jpg

IMG_2192_zpseabd1c64.jpg

IMG_2199_zps99e7ed70.jpg

IMG_2204_zpsc230aa0e.jpg

IMG_2208_zpsd491b8a7.jpg

IMG_2154_zps799f1fca.jpg

Had a look & think this is the first time it's been reported on OS woo! :jump

Last edited by a moderator:

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Interesting looking place :)

TheBaronof Scotland

OS Member
Reaction score
well done for getting in there and doing it the circumstances :)

one I`ve never seen before (y)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
A job well done there on entry and it always hard in these types of places to both light and deal with all the dust that can be kicked up in the air (y)

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

A job well done there on entry and it always hard in these types of places to both light and deal with all the dust that can be kicked up in the air (y)
Yeah the air in there was foul & my chest felt a bit dodgy afterwards, wouldn't recommend it without a proper P3 respirator which i didn't have at the time :violin:

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Very interesting looking place, shame that nightclub entrance was blocked up, I'm a sucker for a nice night club, have yet to find a minter, some cool pics given the circumstance, thanks for the share!

(y)

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Not seen this one before, nice one :)

LewisS

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Scrappy hasn't posted this one before unless he posted it as Preston Odeon.

Excellent work on getting in though Urblex. I believe it's an absolute bitch to get in and then as you said, the dust looks horrendous.

The Clouds entrance would lead you into Evoque or whatever it's called now (I'm an old bastard who rememebrs it as Tokyo Joes). Not sure whereabouts you would end up in there but you'd want to get out sharpish :lol:

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
You done alreet there mate considering how dark it looks. Good job for getting in for a bumhole-twitching solo too (y) :spider:

klempner69

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ham`s remark..my exit-hole would have been clenched doing this alone.Well done to you.

LewisS

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nerves would've got the better of me and some cloth-touching farting would have been taking place! I take my hat off to you.

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys :) yeah it was a little unnerving at first but kind of enjoyed doing this alone.

I'm surprised Scrappy hasn't posted this one before unless he posted it as Preston Odeon.Excellent work on getting in though Urblex. I believe it's an absolute bitch to get in and then as you said, the dust looks horrendous.

The Clouds entrance would lead you into Evoque or whatever it's called now (I'm an old bastard who rememebrs it as Tokyo Joes). Not sure whereabouts you would end up in there but you'd want to get out sharpish :lol:
Yeah have heard of Tokyo Joes. Am sure i've seen a report/pics of this place from Scrappy somewhere, am sure they're better than mine as well haha.

LewisS

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Any pics are better than no pics my friend and you got in there. Much respect on that one buddy. I'm keeping my eyes on St Joes's Orphanage at the moment so if you fancy a bash at that I'd be up for joining you.

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Definitely mate! Seems to be sealed at the moment but will keep my eyes peeled...