Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Odeon Cinema - Dec 2016

urbexdevil

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
After quite possibly the longest and most frustrating wait, I finally managed to access what’s been at the top of my exploration list for quite some years now!

Many will recognise this location but I will keep names quiet and access details to myself as the last reported visit was a considerable number of years ago. Not that we turned them on but amazingly power is still on through the building too!

Pictures are unfortunately limited due to a crazy amount of rather dangerous dust and the largest amount of dead pidgeons and shite I have ever seen in my life. But being an urbexer I pressed on battling through the stench for as long as I could.

The Odeon cinema opened on February, 1960.

In June 1987, it closed for redevelopment with smaller cinemas whilst the front retained the original box and screen.

The Odeon was refurbished in 2001 and rebranded with the new Odeon style. This was despite the competition from a six-screen multiplex which opened back in 1990. Its future looked hopeful, however it was closed in August 2005.

DSC08408.jpg

DSC08406.jpg

DSC08419.jpg

DSC08400.jpg

DSC08402.jpg

DSC08409.jpg

DSC08410.jpg

DSC08411.jpg

DSC08412.jpg

DSC08415.jpg

DSC08417.jpg

urbexdevil

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Not sure why they wasn't showing but all fine now :)

Cheers guys :D

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Interesting place. But I would prefer the photos a little smaller. Especially the vertical shots are difficult to watch in this size.

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I know exactly which one this is. Pretty cool that you can get in again, although it looks to have decayed a lot more since my visit. I'm guessing the power isn't on any longer? 

Could do with resizing the photos and I'm also not sure what Lens you're shooting with, but it's a bit zoomed in and you miss the scale of the place a bit. But fair play for getting in here. :)  

urbexdevil

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I know exactly which one this is. Pretty cool that you can get in again, although it looks to have decayed a lot more since my visit. I'm guessing the power isn't on any longer? 

Could do with resizing the photos and I'm also not sure what Lens you're shooting with, but it's a bit zoomed in and you miss the scale of the place a bit. But fair play for getting in here. :)  

Belive it or not the power is still on!

What's the best sizes for OS? I use the same size on *hides for cover* other forums and they auto downsize to an extent.

I use a crappy zoom lens, I only have that and a macro lens but after the sigma wide angle everyone seams to use when I find this illusive thing called money haha!

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Belive it or not the power is still on!

What's the best sizes for OS? I use the same size on *hides for cover* other forums and they auto downsize to an extent.

I use a crappy zoom lens, I only have that and a macro lens but after the sigma wide angle everyone seams to use when I find this illusive thing called money haha!

This forum does auto size, however it does it to a width of 1024 pixels which means your portrait shots appear very wide and long. It's better to re-size before you upload to long edge 1024 pixels which keeps everything in proportion. 

Depending what camera you have there may be other options available for len's. 

I'm amazed the power is still on, it was a damp soggy mess 6 years ago, it must be even worse now! 

Last edited by a moderator: