free hit counter
Great Britain - Old college building, Scunthorpe, May 2010 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Old college building, Scunthorpe, May 2010

pinkteddyx64

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I managed to explore the building the day before it was fenced off in preparation for demolition.

The building you are about to see was built in 1953 and opened in 1954.

Abandoned in June 2010 and demolished in August 2010, but here are some pictures of the exploration:

2zjiat1.jpg

1z3tlzt.jpg

2dl5fvd.jpg

16pa2d.png

2jflnvr.png

ek43mp.png

29wa6md.png

2jcc0b7.png

2e49cev.png

15czs7m.png

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Hello, welcome aboard and thanks for posting have a look at some of the other reports.on here and check out the way they're compiled, look forward to seeing lots more from you in the future !

Silver (y)

pinkteddyx64

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Not bad but we do need location and date mate!
Location = North Lindsey College, Scunthorpe. Date = 12th May 2010. Date building was demolished: mid-August 2010. Hope this helps. ;)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Not bad but we do need location and date mate!
Location = North Lindsey College, Scunthorpe. Date = 12th May 2010. Date building was demolished: mid-August 2010. Hope this helps. ;)
Just the date in title and location if it fits...i wouldnt put exact day down as that puts u in that building on certain day in some cases you might not wamt anyone who can view this to know (y)

pinkteddyx64

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Just the date in title and location if it fits...i wouldnt put exact day down as that puts u in that building on certain day in some cases you might not wamt anyone who can view this to know (y)
Once again thank you! (y) The team of people who demolished that building told me that it couldn't have been refurbished and reused for anything else. Looking at the pictures, would you agree with them?

pinkteddyx64

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
The team of people who demolished that building told me that it couldn't have been refurbished and reused for anything else. Looking at the pictures, would you agree with them?
Building engineers are they? :D What do we have there today, Barret Boxes or another Bloody Tesco/ASDA/Aldi etc etc......
No, a science studies building was built in it's place which offers A level science courses etc. The building that is there now takes up nowhere near as much space as what the previous building did, and looks bland and generic by comparison! :(

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
What a waste of a building, I have edited the thread to include the info you have provided. Nice one for posting.