Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

RIP Rossendale Hospital October 2013

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
A little history on the abandoned Rossendale Hospital… Rossendale hospital started out as a work house for the poor named Haslingden Work House. I’m not certain when exactly it was build, however there is an old photograph supposedly from 1905 and an illustration of the building dated around 1898 in which the building looks remarkably familiar to how it does today.

The workhouse later became Moorland House Public Assistance Institution, and then Rossendale General Hospital which finally closed in 2010.

Demolition is now well under way and I don’t think the rest of the site will be there much longer. Below are the last few photos I managed to capture of this place before it was levelled.

A culmination of 3 visits, one late evening around midnight, one early morning around 7am and a weekend farewell get together with alot of friends one weekend all in October. Visited with too many people to count but a special mention to Donna for the midnight trip and to everyone else who showed up for the farewell party. Thanks to the guy who got busted and then proceeded to act as spotters from the hill reporting in on the position of security to help us navigate the site… you know you you are :D Really glad I finally got to see the morgue!

RIPRossendale-1.jpg

RIPRossendale-2.jpg

RIPRossendale-3.jpg

RIPRossendale-4.jpg

RIPRossendale-5.jpg

RIPRossendale-6.jpg

RIPRossendale-7.jpg

RIPRossendale-8.jpg

RIPRossendale-9.jpg

RIPRossendale-10.jpg

RIPRossendale-11.jpg

RIPRossendale-12.jpg

RIPRossendale-13.jpg

More photos and video of the hospital here: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2013/11/12/urbex-rossendale-general-hospital-rossendale-lancashire-october-2013-revisit-34-and-5/

Thanks for looking :)

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
That is a bit special is that, cracking shots and write up!! Thanking muchlys for the share :)

:comp

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Shit I so need to get back out .

Thats bang on screams Cool capture & Splore

Thanks for the share

(y)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
quality report !, cracking pics, cheers (y)

Mrbeardo

OS Member
Reaction score
good stuff mate, I never got to see the morgue stupidly nor the theater

Reaction score
Cracking stuff Tucker's Luck, cool set of shots! Was indeed an awesome farewell party (y)

That last one has gotta be one of my favourite crew shots :D