Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Runwell Hospital, Essex - January 2011

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Headed up here a couple of weeks back with Frosty and Obscurity. Cheers to obscurity for driving (y)

Was a strange one this, as we fully expected to bump into a security bod or someone at any time, but the site was strangely deserted. Quite a bit more damage inside than previous reports show which is a shame. Access was a biatch although there was an easier way as we discovered once we were actually inside :roll:

Anyway have a few photos:

1. Boiler house

Image-5823.jpg

Image-5825.jpg

3. Gauges

Image-5856.jpg

4. Laundry

Image-5864.jpg

Image-5870.jpg

6. Servery

Image-5915.jpg

7. Main hall

Image-5919.jpg

8. Chapel

Image-5927.jpg

Image-5929.jpg

10. Library shelves

Image-5946.jpg

11. Plaque

Image-5938.jpg

12. Boardroom with a fantastic light fitting in

Image-5942.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

M

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice one mike..well taken pics..glad it doesnt look that much more trashed than when i went..big old site isnt it ;)

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice one mike..well taken pics..glad it doesnt look that much more trashed than when i went..big old site isnt it ;)
I tried to show the nice bits. The reception area in particular is quite trashed with broken windows now, and some grafitti.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
I tried to show the nice bits. The reception area in particular is quite trashed with broken windows now, and some grafitti.
why do p[eople feel the urge to trash stuff..is the room with the safe instill inaccessible or have they smashed into that aswell

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
nice one mate, some nice photos there. Glad you guys liked the place. Shame its gone down hill since my last visit but still a lovely place. I defo want to get the rest done, namely the older parts. And yes at some point i may even get my report and pic f wevsky up lol